Need your Birkin advice!

Gem0521

O.G.
Oct 3, 2006
Hi gals,
I put my name on a list for the Birkin 35 in orange and I recently got a call for the Feu color which is GORGEOUS. However, now I'm having second thoughts on what color I should get as my FIRST Birkin. Do you guys think I should go more understated and get a neutral color or should it be a colored bag? So many decisions. I honestly don't think I'll buy multiple bags so this is THE one. TIA

I think orange is a classic H colour and looks stunning with G and PHW. Feu is a seasonal colour so accessories like belts, SLG maybe won't be available after some time. Anyway if you are planning to buy more Bs you could order a neutral colour for the next time.
Hope this helps!

OP, we all start by saying it's my ONLY one :P I don't think there's a rule for a first because if you ADORE the colour/hardware and will use it then THAT's the one! Orange counts as a neutral with H I guess and it's also gorgeous. Hope you let us know what you decide - GL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh orange is my absolute favourite! It goes surprisingly well with most colours, I don't think you would regret it :smile: please post pictures if you do obtain it! X

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Unless you are uncomfortable with having people gawp at your gorgeous bag, I don't think getting it in an Hermes 'statement' colour is an issue ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

My first, I just took what was available. :P That was years ago before all these online resellers which open up a whole new avenue for H addicts. ;)

The best thing to do is to go see the bag in person and you'll know. G'luck deciding.

I wouldn't put too much pressure on this being your "first and only" birkin. Maybe you will end up collecting more bags, maybe you won't. But the reality is that the birkin resells very well, so if you wear this bag and you decide it's too loud for you, you can sell and get another. Or if you get a more quiet color like etoupe, you can do that too.

It's hard to make a decision like this, partly because it's personal, but partly also because sometimes you just won't know until you wear it. And you have to give yourself some flexibility to say, okay, maybe I don't use this particular size/leather/color combo as much as I thought I would, so it's time to change.

I wouldn't put too much pressure on this being your "first and only" birkin. Maybe you will end up collecting more bags, maybe you won't. But the reality is that the birkin resells very well, so if you wear this bag and you decide it's too loud for you, you can sell and get another. Or if you get a more quiet color like etoupe, you can do that too.

It's hard to make a decision like this, partly because it's personal, but partly also because sometimes you just won't know until you wear it. And you have to give yourself some flexibility to say, okay, maybe I don't use this particular size/leather/color combo as much as I thought I would, so it's time to change.
+1. Well said.

Hi gals,
I put my name on a list for the Birkin 35 in orange and I recently got a call for the Feu color which is GORGEOUS. However, now I'm having second thoughts on what color I should get as my FIRST Birkin. Do you guys think I should go more understated and get a neutral color or should it be a colored bag? So many decisions. I honestly don't think I'll buy multiple bags so this is THE one. TIA
Oh lord, that's priceless....!!!!!! That's what we all say... but don't worry, plenty of people here to catch you when you realise it's impossible to stop!
FEU with gold hardware woman! Take it, it is gorgeous! My first B was a gold togo with gold hardware and I love it but ended up wanting a bright too, even though I said I NEVER would ! TAKE TAKE TAKE TAKE TAKE!

Thanks for the advice ladies! I'm going to go see it IRL and decide then. I tried in the same color in the 30 last week and it was too small for me. We'll see how it goes.