Need your advice, Coco Cabas VS Birkin.

sakara54

Hermes Lover
O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
I'm very confused between getting Chanel Coco Cabas or Birkin:crybaby:. Cause in next 3 months my mom she will get a 35 white Birkin. Should I save money by not chosing Chanel and get Birkin or should I get Chanel. Which one is more interesting? Please help...:sad:

^^I have to vote for a BIRKIN too, though I'm a Chanel fan as well....

My friend bought the bag, used it for 1 month, and some stitching came out from the bottom. She has it back from the repairs, I haven't looked at it yet, but I think I would be VERY picky and tell her to return it for another bag.

I would have to say birkin on this one. Over 2 months ago my chanel SA put me on the list for a khaki baby cabas. I never heard from him and have since started saving and selling bags for a birkin purchase. Well, out of the blue I came home last night and there was a huge box from saks with my cabas in it. I wanted to like it but my heart is just on hermes now. Plus I can honestly say it didn't look great on me. Needless to say...its going back.

IMHO I think a birkin or any hermes for that matter is a lifetime investment. Don't get me wrong I love chanel but not all of their bags are a lifetime investment...some are more trendy than others. I like the cabas and it has an edgey flair to it but it is completely different than a birkin. To me (and it's only my opinion) it is more of a fun bag. I'm not sure if I could see myself carrying it 5 years down the road....I would want chanel's latest bag then. Comparing the two are almost like comparing apples to oranges. They both serve a different purpose....heck! Get both!!!:graucho: