Need Vintage Help!

susanq

Dec 26, 2015
I have to decide between a 35 from 1992 in ardenne leather and one from 1970 in box leather. Which do I choose? I only have a new 32 and have never seen a 35 in person. I am 5'1 and concerned it will be too big!

I am your height and can carry a 35 in a slouchy leather but it looks like a big work satchel, not like a Kelly. 32 retourné and 28 work much better.
Why do you "have to decide" between two 35s?

Ahhh sorry one is a 32 and one is a 35!!
Well, as much as I love Box, a 35 in such a stiff leather will look big, wnereas Ardennes has some more slouch.
Otherwise the choice s much more about color nd what you need the bag for (work, travel, every day, etc).

35 will be huge for you. Why are there only two choices ? There are a good number of vintage kelly in box out there.
I've looked around, but I really liked the patina on the hardware. I was it and just thought it aged well if that makes sense. As I was talking to the seller she had the 35 ardenne leather in like new condition and I thought, oh perhaps I should go for this.

I believe you should always respond to your own instincts.
If you do not have access to a K35 to try on, you could get some card or stiff paper, cut it to a K shape 35cm and put it over your 32 to get an idea of how a larger size would be for you.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Thank you everyone. The 35 would have been too large also it was “like new”, so I would have been paying close to retail for a bag that isn’t exactly what I wanted.