Need To Vent....

What I don't understand is how the sellers end up with 5 or 6 of the same item? Do they have that many LV stores in their area that they can get on top of the waitlist of? Are they working with some of the LV staff? That's what I don't understand. I could see if they could only get 1....

I totally agree with you on that point. Whats more perplexing to me is that people actually bid on those things, even though I can often search online and find the same item (not neccesarliy LV) cheaper and brand new elsewhere!

I do not agree on this one , elux is only available for US clients, people that with no lv stores in their country are happy to pay more and some sellers offer this service. A service can't be free. When the cherry blossom came out I was working in a country with no lv store I paid double price for it and I understood that a service can't be free.

What I don't understand is how the sellers end up with 5 or 6 of the same item? Do they have that many LV stores in their area that they can get on top of the waitlist of? Are they working with some of the LV staff? That's what I don't understand. I could see if they could only get 1....

I don't know, the thing I know is that LV keep a trace of your purchases and they do not support the reselling. They have a team that study every buyers profile, if they see that you bought the same article too many times you can be banned from buying anymore. Im talking about extreme cases.

ITA that really sucks!!! Unfortunately, ppl flip things like that because there's always ppl out there willing to pay the exorbitant prices...what can you do...*sigh*

Well, IMHO, these people can only manage to sell at these prices because there are people who are willing to pay for such prices. It might not be morally right, but hey, if there's a high demand for it, some people see that as a business opportunity... :shrugs:

While I understand the intent of this post, I have to put in my two cents. It's understandable that people are disappointed when they see things going for much higher on ebay (or whatever other source), but to think that it's unreasonable and that sellers should not be doing this goes against a free marketplace.

Somehow sellers are able to get their hands on LE pieces and they are simply selling them for whatever the market will handle. If you are not willing to pay the markup, then someone else may or may not. Are we saying that we wish that sellers were prevented from doing so? If yes, then some countries that don't have access to LV, would be completely prevented from purchasing coveted items. Personally, I would not pay the markup, but that is my decision.

It's really just a business decision.

I hear your frustrations, loud and clear. It isn't just handbags, it seems that a lot of sellers buy things in bulk and then turn around to make a profit. An insane profit.

Very true, but unfortunately this is kind of a touchy subject for some people and Steve's thread didn't end on very good terms...:flowers:

Noted. However, I did begin this thread by asking Mods to remove if deemed inappropriate/offensive.

In the future, I will ensure I thoroughly search the forum prior to posting.