Need to vent...

ShoeNoob

Jan 27, 2009
So, in order to at least somewhat recoup what I've spent on CLs the past few weeks, I put up several Coach bags that I don't use, along with my old 2G iPhone. Interestingly enough, the 2Gs are selling on eBay for like $100 more than the 3Gs sell for at retail.

Anywho... I was so happy when I saw that my iPhone had been purchased! :yahoo:

UNTIL... I e-mailed an invoice to the seller (she has 0 feedback, by the by, and only signed up for eBay late last night) since she hadn't yet paid. And then I got a response saying that she'd sent payment, and even though she lives in CA, she wanted me to ship to her "son" in NIGERIA. Even though I'd specifically said in the auction that I'd only ship within the US. And then I got two e-mails from "PayPal" saying that payment had been made... except when I logged into my PayPal account, no, she has NOT paid. :cursing:

So I call eBay and explain the situation, and the CSA told me that yes, 90% of Nigeria orders are indeed scams. So I asked if I could just relist, and he said I had to wait 7 days to confirm that she hasn't paid before relisting. :cursing::cursing: BUT I SAID I WOULDN'T SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE US. AND IT'S OBVIOUS IT'S A SCAMMER. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Okay. That is all.

Yet another Nigeria scam? Up here, there's an online dating one, where some clever Nigerians pretend to be US, Canadian, or British gentlemen who end up bilking women they've met through the online service.

Thanks... I just said screw it and relisted anyway. If she has the balls to leave me negative feedback, I'll do a retort in the feedback response.

I added a disclaimer to the post saying that 0 feedback users need to contact me before bidding. On the bright side, I've already sold two of my Coach bags, and I'm off to FedEx to ship them out today! :greengrin:

Oh no!!!!! 0 feedback ALWAYS (I repeat ALWAYS) scares me although I know that everyone has to start somewhere. I'm happy that your only loss is having to relist your phone because it could be a lot worse and you could have actually sent the phone before realizing it was a scam.

Oh, sorry, Rilo, didn't realize there was an eBay thread. Is that within this forum? I didn't see it. Of course, knowing me it's probably some place really obvious, heh.

Oh no!!!!! 0 feedback ALWAYS (I repeat ALWAYS) scares me although I know that everyone has to start somewhere. I'm happy that your only loss is having to relist your phone because it could be a lot worse and you could have actually sent the phone before realizing it was a scam.

Oh wow, yeah, I'm glad too. It wasn't so much the Nigeria issue (although I've gotten entirely too many e-mails from people with horribly tragic family histories asking to send me 10 billion dollars to not feel a little apprehensive), but the fact that the PayPal e-mails were obviously faked.

Naked: I wish we could block people like that, but I'm guessing that since they create a new account each time, it's hard to track. That's probably why so many sellers put in the 0 feedback disclaimer.

Purly: Heh yeah, I'm not slamming the country itself, just the scams from people who all seem to claim Nigeria s their base. They could all be operating out of a shack in Montana for all I know haha.

Laureen: Thanks, good idea. I'll take that up with eBay if that happens.