Need to decide........Tell me what you think!!!!

habanerita

O.G.
May 1, 2006
I have never been undecided before, but.....right now I am really having trouble deciding on this.

Bought a grey reissue yesterday in the 226 size, I will be using this bag during the day and at night to casual dinners, lunches, theater, movies, etc.

I own several jumbos, two expandable flaps, Gsts,a clutch, two diamond shine flaps which are smaller than the 226. I also will be receiving a 227 Dk Silver from 2007 in the next few days.

My NM sa has the 227 grey reissue on hold for me for an exchange.

Question, should I keep the 226 or exchange for the 227- I can't believe I am having this much trouble deciding......thank you,:heart:H

Last edited:

pond23

Stephanie
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
Hi H! You seem to have a nice variety of sizes in your Chanel handbag collection.

Evening/Small-Medium - Clutch, 2 Diamond Shine Flaps
Large - Jumbos, 227 Dk Silver
Extra Large - 2 Expandable Flaps

Since you don't have a true medium-size bag, you should probably keep the 226 Grey Reissue.

I love and need larger bags most of the time, so I would exchange the 226 size for the 227 size grey reissue. But you may want more diversity (in terms of size) in your collection.

Good luck with your decision!

luvfashn

O.G.
Aug 24, 2008
I agree with everything pond23 just said & for all the same reasons. I, as well, personally just like the size of the 227 over the 226. But going to the theatre, dinner, etc., you may not need the little extra in the size. So, 226 may be just perrfect to suit your needs.

habanerita

O.G.
May 1, 2006
Thanks so much, both of you have given me the reasonable answer....but for some reason I seem to be partial to the 227 reissue......going back tomorrow with both and guess I will decide on the spot............yikes!!!:heart:H

yoga1566

Chanel fever
O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
It seems like there is a nice balance to your collection - you have a nice mix of small/medium/large bags and the 226 flap will fit right in. And the 226 will work great for everything you said you'll be using the bag for. Do you think you're considering an exchange because you truly prefer the bag in the 227 size, or is it more of a knee-jerk reaction because the 227 is part of your usual comfort zone?

You probably already know what you want to do and are trying to talk yourself out of it. Its pretty common - a lot of times the idea of what we think we "should" do creeps up and confuses a situation.

HTH!

skimmilk

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
this is going to sound weird, but i also vote for the 227 - one of the reasons is it's *only* 200 more for a lot more leather :biggrin: yes, sounds weird i know. also you said mostly in the day time and i always carry jumbos during the day...

tod

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
Hi H! The 227 is the perfect size IMO. The size is lage enough to carry during the day and dressy enought to wear at night:okay:. The extra depth of the new 227s is also a big plus. HTH:heart:

IceEarl

O.G.
May 12, 2007
Hi there, I personally would prefer the new 226 and the old 227, I find the new 227 just a little bit too wide on the base for my liking, but that's me, go try it out decide and let us know, the grey reissue is gorgeous.

habanerita

O.G.
May 1, 2006
Hi C, thanks for your input......going tomorrow to decide.

Thanks for this info., I have never had a reissue so was not aware of the differences in the size of the base........another thing to consider tomorrow.......and yes the grey color is gorgeous....:heart:H

Hi there, I personally would prefer the new 226 and the old 227, I find the new 227 just a little bit too wide on the base for my liking, but that's me, go try it out decide and let us know, the grey reissue is gorgeous.

MIffy27

2 many Chanel bags!!
O.G.
Jun 24, 2007
If you are planning to use it for casual dinner, the large size is just too big. One can never go wrong with a good "small" size bag and to me that means the medium (i.e. 226).

I am carrying a medium 2.55 today (coco puzzle) and dare I say I look chic! :lol: But I am a midget so the large size will overwhelm me!

Claudia

formerly Purse-onality
Nov 10, 2006
i m so glad you got the 227, Christina! you look stunning (and so does the bag!) i cant wait to meet you this weekend LOL

btw, i was fondling the same bag at NM on my break.....its either that or the small Portobello for me....thanks for all your help today too!

love your bag!