Need to buy a winter coat for my overweight grandmother

Lady_J

Lady_J
O.G.
Aug 14, 2009
Hi Guys,

I have been trawling the internet for a decent winter coat that would fit my grandmother. She is a big lady and finds it hard to find clothes to fit her.

I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. Her measuements are:

Bust: 55"
Waist: 58"

The coat should be 35-40" long. I don't even know what UK size a 58" waist would be?

Appreciate your help
Jasmine

Evans is about the only store I can think of that might have something her size (or they might be able to suggest another retailer if they don't have anything suitable).

Good luck!

Evans or Ann Harvey (better quality and might be more in fitting for her age group). Ann Harvey is usually a concession in department stores. http://www.annharveyfashion.co.uk/Outerwear?paging=0
There are others but I can't remember - check in department stores.

A word of advice - take your tape measure with you when you're buying. At those sizes fit can vary dramatically. And make sure you can return whatever you buy.

Last edited:
Asos has a full figured line called "Curve". Check their website. If you want to shop US, then try Lane Bryant. They have great plus sizes. You can email them but I believe her measurements fall in the US "3X" category. Good luck!!

One thing about Lane Bryant is that the prices are good compared to yours.

Last edited: