Need the perfect tee

Jul 3, 2011
I'm searching for the perfect long sleeve tee. Mind are old and faded and need to be replaced. I typically love Gap or Banana Republic for staples but I'm not finding what I'm looking for.

I prefer a long/lean silhouette and not tissue thin. Medium to thick. Here's where it gets tricky...I really really prefer a cuffed or tight sleeve. I don't like the wide openings at the wrist and this years Gap perfect tees are like this. I looked at old navy, banana republic & jcrew as well.

Any suggestions?

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
I think the best (especially price wise) long-sleeved tees are the H&M ones. Not expensive, last a long time, good quality, fitted and tend to stay shape after numerous washes. Medium-weight thickness, but they aren't cuffed as you want, just a normal sleeve. I have a long torso and they are the only ones that actually fit length-wise. When they are past their best, easily replaced. I've just freshened (re-bought) my 'cool days' ones for this coming autumn/winter. This is one staple item I would never spend huge amounts on. I've tried Zara, Ann Taylor etc and I honestly believe the H&M tees are the best in the similar price range.

Last edited:

StyleEyes

Sep 21, 2013
Im in the same boat. I recently moved to Germany and having trouble figuring out were to go. I hate spending tons of money on basic t's but would also like them to last at least a few seasons without becoming all misshapen. I was thinking American Apparel, But I've never bought anything from them before. Sadly, I haven't had the same good luck with H&M.

Hessefan

O.G.
Sep 14, 2009
Im in the same boat. I recently moved to Germany and having trouble figuring out were to go. I hate spending tons of money on basic t's but would also like them to last at least a few seasons without becoming all misshapen. I was thinking American Apparel, But I've never bought anything from them before. Sadly, I haven't had the same good luck with H&M.

In Germany, try Esprit, Sisley (usually inside Benetton stores) or Hallhuber. I've had good luck with all three.

Pollie-Jean

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009

Give Marc O Polo basic tees a try. They last forever. Not quite cheap,but worth the money