Need suggestions for a summer bag...

ZoeyZoo

Feb 6, 2007
I was hoping I could get some suggestions for a new summer bag. I'm going nuts since I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a white/ivory leather bag that is smooshy and unstructured feeling but with some outside pockets. I prefer silver hardware but will tolerate dull brass hardware.

The biggest issue with me is the size since I'm only 5'4". I also don't carry a lot in my bag so a medium size is best. I have found several nice bags but they are all too large. I am looking for a medium sized bag (something like 12x8x5).

For price I would prefer to stay under $500 but could go up to $1,000 for the right bag.

Here's some ideas of bags I like but don't work because of size. Hopefully it will help give everyone an idea of what I like:
1. Gerard Darel

2. B Makowsky 'Chelsea' Zip Pebble Hobo Bag

3. Botkier Bianca (The medium is a perfect size but I already have one and don't want a second one).

4. Gussto Torlia

5. Gussto Baca

I would appreciate any ideas. TIA.

Is this too structured?

Cole Haan village novelty shoulder bag

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/24055070/c/14.html

Dimensions: 12 1/2" wide x 4 3/4" deep x 8" high.

ColeHaanvillagenoveltyshoulderbag.jpg

Thanks Passerby adn Riffraff.

Passerby-
Yes the Cole Haan is too structured but I appreciate the thought.

Riffraff-
I like the Celine. It's very simple and pretty.

Any other ideas?

I have been checking out ivory bags for summer recently. Tano have some nice cream/ivory bags that are similar to the style you are looking for.

Attachments

• suzyWHITE_l.jpg
    suzyWHITE_l.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 25
  • sprungPANNA_l.jpg
    sprungPANNA_l.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 27
  • dragonqueenPANNA_l.jpg
    dragonqueenPANNA_l.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
  • loveboatWHITE_l.jpg
    loveboatWHITE_l.jpg