Need suggestions and Help for Reissue 226 on the leather and color!

Aug 19, 2009
Hi dear Chanel ladies, Need some help n suggestions from you. I chatted with my NM saleslady this morning about Reissue 226 flap bag, and I put my name on the list for Chanel reissue 226 in Caviar leather, in colors of Burgundy and Blue, hardware color not sure yet. The store currently has Reissue 226 in Calfskin and black color. Since my Chanel bags are all in color black including my jumbo and m/l classic flap bags, so I like to go with other darker n versatile color this time. The store will also be getting reissue 226 in colors of Purple and Red (it should be in true red) in Calfskin leather.

My questions are,

1. Which leather do you think is best for the reissue 226? Caviar leather? Or Distressed Calfskin leather? (hardware color is not the issue for me because I like all the hardware colors that Chanel uses in their products)

2. Which color do you think will look prettier on the reissue 226 in Caviar leather? Burgundy? Or Blue (my sa said that it should be Navy blue)?

I wish I had the pictures of reissue 226 Caviar leather in Burgundy and Blue to show you, but they are not arrived to my NM saleslady's store yet.

Thank you very much!:smile:

Last edited:
I am personally not a fan of 226 in caviar leather but that is just me. I love reissues only in distressed leather.... I love how it gives it beautiful worn out, edgy look.

I have distressed calf too and really love it but you have to see in person most likely to know which you prefer it sounds like. I love a red Chanel so, I don't think you could go wrong there but if you wear a lot of jeans or blue, then blue may be best for you. I really like the ghw with all of the caviar boys I have seen lately. But sounds like you have to decide which leather since hw doesn't matter to you. Good luck deciding!

1. Which leather do you think is best for the reissue 226? Caviar leather? Or Distressed Calfskin leather?

Distressed Calfskin!!!

2. Which color do you think will look prettier on the reissue 226 in Caviar leather? Burgundy? Or Blue (my sa said that it should be Navy blue)?

I also like navy, but both colors are pretty.

I am personally not a fan of 226 in caviar leather but that is just me. I love reissues only in distressed leather.... I love how it gives it beautiful worn out, edgy look.

I have distressed calf too and really love it but you have to see in person most likely to know which you prefer it sounds like. I love a red Chanel so, I don't think you could go wrong there but if you wear a lot of jeans or blue, then blue may be best for you. I really like the ghw with all of the caviar boys I have seen lately. But sounds like you have to decide which leather since hw doesn't matter to you. Good luck deciding!

Dear Rami00 and CATEYES, Thank you so much for the head up ideas. I love both Distressed and Caviar leathers. My both Jumbo and m/l classic flaps are in caviar leather as well. It's why I'm not sure and have hard time to decide which leather I should go with for my 1st reissue flap bag.

I have seen distressed leather reissue flaps lots of time, and love them, but always ended up buying classic flap bags with "cc turn lock" instead of reissue in "Mademoiselle" turn lock. I know "Mademoiselle" turn lock is the original design on Chanel bag by CoCo Chanel, however, it sounds crazy but I always saw/see other brand handbag designers used/use similar look like "Mademoiselle" turn lock on their bags year to year, then it made me felt for years that when every time I purchased Chanel bags, I should spend my money on the unique "cc turn lock" which other handbag designers were not able to imitate the unique Chanel logo lock. I know my specific thought about Chanel icon bag sounds funny. you can lol with it:smile::biggrin:

I recently decided to get at least one reissue bag in my handbag collections because it is an icon bag and an original design, and most importantly I'm buying it as a future passing down gift for my daughter. She is only 7 years old. I know it sounds funny about my idea again, but instead of paying more money on an Reissue flap bag in the next 10 years when she is 17, I would rather to get it now.:P I use and treat my bags nice, and some of them are more than 10, 15 years still in great condition. So I believe my reissue should be the same when I pass down to her when she is 17:smile: I know! I know! You can laugh out loud my crazy idea again.:lol:

Last edited:
1. Which leather do you think is best for the reissue 226? Caviar leather? Or Distressed Calfskin leather?

Distressed Calfskin!!!

I also like navy, but both colors are pretty.

Dear Chanbal,
Thank you so much for the suggestion.:smile: I always see distressed reissue flaps and like the leather. Yet, I've not seen the Reissue in Caviar leather so far. When my NM Sa mentioned it and suggested me to put my name down on both colors in caviar because they will only get one in each color in caviar leather. I love both colors and both leathers equally, so it is the reason I'm having a hard time to think of which one I should get. More options, harder decision to make!:smile:

Dear Rami00 and CATEYES, Thank you so much for the head up ideas. I love both Distressed and Caviar leathers. My both Jumbo and m/l classic flaps are in caviar leather as well. It's why I'm not sure and have hard time to decide which leather I should go with for my 1st reissue flap bag.

I have seen distressed leather reissue flaps lots of time, and love them, but always ended up buying classic flap bags with "cc turn lock" instead of reissue in "Mademoiselle" turn lock. I know "Mademoiselle" turn lock is the original design on Chanel bag by CoCo Chanel, however, it sounds crazy but I always saw/see other brand handbag designers used/use similar look like "Mademoiselle" turn lock on their bags year to year, then it made me felt for years that when every time I purchased Chanel bags, I should spend my money on the unique "cc turn lock" which other handbag designers were not able to imitate the unique Chanel logo lock. I know my specific thought about Chanel icon bag sounds funny. you can lol with it:smile::biggrin:

I recently decided to get at least one reissue bag in my handbag collections because it is an icon bag and an original design, and most importantly I'm buying it as a future passing down gift for my daughter. She is only 7 years old. I know it sounds funny about my idea again, but instead of paying more money on an Reissue flap bag in the next 10 years when she is 17, I would rather to get it now.:P I use and treat my bags nice, and some of them are more than 10, 15 years still in great condition. So I believe my reissue should be the same when I pass down to her when she is 17:smile: I know! I know! You can laugh out loud my crazy idea again.:lol:

Awww you are such a sweetheart. I totally understand what you mean. I take care of my bags n like to collect nice pieces too. This was my strategy ... LOL
Distressed leather, caviar, patent n lambskin. Didn't want to feel left out ... :roflmfao:

Good luck with your decision. Don't forget to enjoy your bags.

I'd pick caviar.

I have reissue WOC in distressed calf skin and caviar in 226.

I feel caviar gives a refreshed look to reissue although I like my distressed calf skin WOC

I'd pick caviar.

I have reissue WOC in distressed calf skin and caviar in 226.

I feel caviar gives a refreshed look to reissue although I like my distressed calf skin WOC

Thank you for the suggestion. You and my NM sa said the exactly same "caviar gives Reissue a refreshed look"!:smile:

Hope it is a regular caviar leather like classic flap because I'm not a fan of the soft or washed caviar leather.

I prefer distressed over caviar for 226. Love mine😍.

Thank you for the suggestion.:smile:

I agree with Rami about the distressed calf. Love the look and how it is different from the classic flaps. Also, if you are getting this bag with the intention of passing down an iconic bag, then you really should go for the distressed calf, as that was more the original design of the bag. Save the caviar for other bags!

I agree with Rami about the distressed calf. Love the look and how it is different from the classic flaps. Also, if you are getting this bag with the intention of passing down an iconic bag, then you really should go for the distressed calf, as that was more the original design of the bag. Save the caviar for other bags!

Dear catsinthebag, Thank you very much for your suggestion and great point to make me rethink about the leather.:smile:

Distressed calf is what makes the reissue so unique. Colorwise, given your selections, I would choose the red, but I would suggest you 'visit' the black one before you rule it out. Once you see it/feel it/experience it, it may call to you. Good luck. Please let us know which you end up with.

Distressed calf is what makes the reissue so unique. Colorwise, given your selections, I would choose the red, but I would suggest you 'visit' the black one before you rule it out. Once you see it/feel it/experience it, it may call to you. Good luck. Please let us know which you end up with.

Dear baghagg, Thank you so much for the suggestion. Will definitely let u ladies know my decision, n post the new bag's pictures here.:smile:

Is NM getting blue caviar? I heard they are getting patent blue this season

Thank you for the suggestion. You and my NM sa said the exactly same "caviar gives Reissue a refreshed look"!:smile:

Hope it is a regular caviar leather like classic flap because I'm not a fan of the soft or washed caviar leather.

Thank you for the suggestion.:smile: