Need something purple!

LolaLemon

Apr 7, 2013
Hi all. I'm in desperate need of a little something purple but don't know what!? I've only really ventured into Mulberry and Balenciaga. I was considering a UV or DV Bal bag but these are so hard to come by and so thought I'd try something different.

I've been looking at Givenchy and Alexander Wang but would Love and really reallu appreciate your thoughts and help.

I prefer larger unstructured bags.

Can anyone suggest a purple beauty?!

Thanks to all here

Lola x

Have you considered anything in Mona Lisa by BV?

This is the colour but you'd have to find out what design's available

Attachments

• 45235875QS_14_aP.jpg
    45235875QS_14_aP.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 151
How about an Alma BB (Louis Vuitton) in amethyst?

Philip Lim has a limited edition "orchid" color on their website for the pashli. It's kind of a purple/pink color.

LV epi Figue! Not sure if it only comes in Neverfull style or other styles? You can tell I'm really not an LV person but their dark purple Figue in the epi line is surprisingly tempting (and not so ubiquitous) :graucho:

Hi LolaLemon,

When you typed "I prefer larger unstructured bags" It made me think of a bag I just ordered. There is a wonderfully talented man in Italy and he has created a new line of handbags (He and his family go back generations creating handmade beautiful leather handbags using the old traditional leathermaking craft and now his has begun his own line.) Each handbag is made for especially for you, one at a time, from start to finish in Italy! :smile:

This pebbled purple is deep and saturated. I have a friend that has seen a swatch and said it is beyond delicious. I just ordered a pebbled Taupe and am so excited for it to arrive.

Here is the link to view more http://www.marcomassaccesi.it/en/?post_type=product (I know their IT people are still working on the site, so if you decide to purchase, just email Valentina at [email protected] she is the sweetest and nicest woman. She will send you swatches and answer all of your questions. She makes me smile when we email because she is so cute and joyful. Really makes you feel valued!

The Minerva I just ordered is large and unstructured which is what I need right now, so reading your words echoed my own, LOL!

Here are some pix of the purple! (I am very selective about handbags, I own Chanel and Balenciaga) and am so excited for my Massaccesi to arrive!

Oooooh, forgot to also mention, they also offer a Bespoke service, so if you are wanting a different leather or lining, you can special order any combination you desire! Here is a link for the catalog that shows everything: http://issuu.com/massaccesi_handbags/docs/massaccesi_collection

Purple_zps377eeff6.png

Purple2_zps51a86a32.png

collection-12_zps6eb4d704.jpg

How about a classic Lady Dior is an unexpected Toxic Purple colour?

The Lady Dior is a classic that won't ever go out of style :smile:

I know that you prefer unstructured bags, but the Lady Dior would add a perfect pop of purple to an outfit that will certainly turn heads.

Attachments

• Dior Lady Dior toxic purple CAL44551_M01V_V1_Z.jpg
    Dior Lady Dior toxic purple CAL44551_M01V_V1_Z.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 110
Hi LolaLemon I can second that recommendation. I ordered the Aphrodite in pearl gray with black handles from Massaccesi handbags. My handbag was one of the first ones that he made. As LoveHandBags says this is handmade in a wonderful Italian Atelier. The leather is gorgeous and the craftsmanship is amazing. I received my bag this past week and have already had people ask me where I purchased it from. I am about to order my second one a Zhoe and I am already thinking of getting a purple Divina. The purple leather is to die for and yes definitely beyond delicious. I love dealing with true leather craftsman. I also love the fact that the bag was made just for me and the customer service is wonderful. I asked the owner Marco if he could describe the cherry red leather and in true Italian style he said to me "it looks just like the red on a Ferrari". Well I knew exactly what that color was. As I said I am definitely going to order the Divina in purple. I will find a picture of it and post it to this thread. I am posting some photos of my pearl gray with black straps and piping Aphrodite. They are not the greatest photos but I will take some better ones and get them posted.

Attachments

• Aphrodite smaller.jpg
    Aphrodite smaller.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN0731 smaller.jpg
    DSCN0731 smaller.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 99
I was able to show the photo once I got some help on how to post it. Here is the purple Divina from Massaccesi. It looks structured but I think it will soften with use and become more unstructured. I do not like very structured bags.

I am not affiliated with this handbag line. Just a happy customer.

Attachments

• Divina purple.PNG
    Divina purple.PNG
    191.9 KB · Views: 92
Hi LolaLemon,

When you typed "I prefer larger unstructured bags" It made me think of a bag I just ordered. There is a wonderfully talented man in Italy and he has created a new line of handbags (He and his family go back generations creating handmade beautiful leather handbags using the old traditional leathermaking craft and now his has begun his own line.) Each handbag is made for especially for you, one at a time, from start to finish in Italy! :smile:

This pebbled purple is deep and saturated. I have a friend that has seen a swatch and said it is beyond delicious. I just ordered a pebbled Taupe and am so excited for it to arrive.

Here is the link to view more http://www.marcomassaccesi.it/en/?post_type=product (I know their IT people are still working on the site, so if you decide to purchase, just email Valentina at [email protected] she is the sweetest and nicest woman. She will send you swatches and answer all of your questions. She makes me smile when we email because she is so cute and joyful. Really makes you feel valued!

The Minerva I just ordered is large and unstructured which is what I need right now, so reading your words echoed my own, LOL!

Here are some pix of the purple! (I am very selective about handbags, I own Chanel and Balenciaga) and am so excited for my Massaccesi to arrive!

Oooooh, forgot to also mention, they also offer a Bespoke service, so if you are wanting a different leather or lining, you can special order any combination you desire! Here is a link for the catalog that shows everything: http://issuu.com/massaccesi_handbags/docs/massaccesi_collection

Purple_zps377eeff6.png

Purple2_zps51a86a32.png

collection-12_zps6eb4d704.jpg

I LOVE the Minerva! Please post pics when you receive it! Now I have to figure out the price conversion...

I LOVE the Minerva! Please post pics when you receive it! Now I have to figure out the price conversion...

Hi jxwilliams :smile: I will be sure to post pictures when it arrives. The conversion if you are in the United States for the handbag and expedited shipping was $440. Extremely reasonable for a handmade gorgeous fine leather luxury bag in my opinion. And not only handmade, but especially handmade for me, lol! My heart could just melt! If you would like to see more reveals, there is a great thread here: http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/massaccesi-handbags-878845.html Wishing you a good rest of your weekend jxwilliams. And thanks LolaLemon for allowing us to chat in your thread! Keep us posted what you decide!