Need some Vernis 101!!!!!

arlv8500

O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
Hello all,

I've never really been interested in the vernis line... but the violette colour caught my eye! The purple is so stunning and deep!

I was browser on the LV site, and I see that there are 2 shades of purple but they are both called violette?

How do I know which one is which, or is it just the lighting of the images on the website?

One is a lot darker than the other violette...

Thank you in advance for your input! :biggrin:

If the Violette is darker on one item, it is the lighting as you mentioned. Did you check out the Violette clubhouse thread to see the various pictures posted?

There is another purple color that is darker than the violette called amarante. Are you sure thats' not the one you were looking at? Both are very pretty and also turned me into a vernis convert since purple is my fav color.

If it slightly darker it could be lighting differences if it very very dark then it probably the amarante miss labeled on the website.

Violette is beautiful the colour is a little flatter than the armarante which in some lights looks black in other you pick up the red tones. When they first came out a lot of people complained that the amarante shows up fingerprints badly but people seem to have gotten over the problem and fallen in love with the colour

Hi guys,

Thanks for replying.... But if you guys go to "The Violette Vernis Club" page 3, the french wallet in post #37 has a slight darker purple... than the zippy on page 1 post #11.

Is it just a case of lighting? Are they actually the same colour?