Need some *stylish* walking shoes

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Sorry if this is a duplicate post (almost sure it is - but apparently my search skills are off this evening). I'm looking for some nice shoes to do a bunch of walking in Europe this summer. Don't want to wear running shoes and only carrying one additional pair with me (we'll be in belgium/france/netherlands/germany). Any recommendations? So far I have found the below. Would love other alternatives! TIA!

C.

4998-366753-p.jpg

and

1396-423578-p.jpg

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
hmm I'm interested in this too!! good question :smile:

I too will be walking around europe and need to stick to the 70# bag weight limit so I'll need to limit my shoes. Suggestions of nice looking but comfy walking shoes def needed ;)

snoozle

love being a new mom
Jan 19, 2006
I have the privos (the green pair) but I have them in white and black and the exact model you have is the ones I can wear forever. By far the most comfortable walking shoes. I can be on my feet for the whole day with Privos. Cole Haan makes a Nike pair that are very comfortable too but I'm not sure how comfortable they are for walking hours at a time.

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
any pair of tods for me! super stylish and great for walking

just an example here on elux although I was thinking more of driving shoes - Car Shoes would be fine as well but Tods are better if you've got narrow feet (i have and Car Shoes are too wide for me).

http://www.eluxury.com/sales/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=11329506&SectionID=9000
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...ter2Type=&filter2Value=&filterOverride=&sort=

second one is also a nice selection - although I just realised that they don't come cheap in the US, talk about markup. you could always look into buying a pair when you just arrive (they are a bit cheaper here). I advise against patent leather as it doesn't have that much give.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1408474395222441&bmUID=1182756331634&ev19=1:3
my mother got this one for the fall and she swears it is the most comfy and stylish pair of tods EVER. also the sole is more walking friendly. I love their moccassins but the sole is very easily 'walked down'.

also yoox.com might carry a selection of tods and/or car shoes if I remember right.

if you feel this isn't worth it for walking around in Europe I generally recommend the moccassin/ ballerina type but with a sturdy sole and a good insole!

have fun!

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Ladies - thank you very much for the input!

Lara0112 - you have excellent (but very expensive) taste! Wish my budget would allow for those darling shoes!!!

Snoozle - I believe I will be purchasing the flats. Thank you very much for the user review!

Now I am off to investigate the other Tods.. although my CC is being a hater right now.. lol.. since all vacation related items are in need of being paid off. :P