Need some recommendations~! Going to Dallas for a Romantic Getaway with Hubby...

okay. . .
don't forget that it's blistering hot here right now :sad: limit your outdoor activities unless it's poolside.

I'd probably recommend Dragonfly over Sambuca for romantic factors, ZaZa is *awesome*. Ask about a romantic package, I think they have a strawberry and champagne service.
Also a new "W" just opened her last weekend, should be VERY swanky, lots of celebs came in for the opening, there's a club on the top floor I think.

Also, check out Antares at Reunion Tower, it's 50 stories up and it rotates (one full revolution every 55 minutes) while you eat.
You need to have reservations, but if you can't get them, it's a great place for a drink too!

Do y'all want to sightsee, shop, antique shop, boutique shop . . . {?}

SwankyMamaof3 said:
okay. . .
don't forget that it's blistering hot here right now :sad: limit your outdoor activities unless it's poolside.

I'd probably recommend Dragonfly over Sambuca for romantic factors, ZaZa is *awesome*. Ask about a romantic package, I think they have a strawberry and champagne service.
Also a new "W" just opened her last weekend, should be VERY swanky, lots of celebs came in for the opening, there's a club on the top floor I think.

Also, check out Antares at Reunion Tower, it's 50 stories up and it rotates (one full revolution every 55 minutes) while you eat.
You need to have reservations, but if you can't get them, it's a great place for a drink too!

Do y'all want to sightsee, shop, antique shop, boutique shop . . . {?}
thanks for all those great recommendations, Swanky~!!

Guess what?~?!? I changed my reservations from Hotel ZaZa to the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine~!

What do you think?

texaschic231 said:
thanks for all those great recommendations, Swanky~!!

Guess what?~?!? I changed my reservations from Hotel ZaZa to the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine~!

What do you think?

We've eaten dinner there. It's pretty huge and they have cute shops.

Gaylord is SO fun!! Plus, you'll be very close to me now! LOL!
Seriously, Gaylord is a really cool, very Texan place to stay!
You'll be 5 minutes from historic downtown Grapevine - fun antiquey shops and boutiques and good food and 5 minutes the other way is Grapevine Mills Mall where there is an Off Fifth adn a NM Last Call!

ooops, just read the last few remarks. . . it's not "fancy", but it's very nice! It's Texan, so not fancy if you know what I mean, but super nice and new and REALLY cool inside!

SwankyMamaof3 said:
ooops, just read the last few remarks. . . it's not "fancy", but it's very nice! It's Texan, so not fancy if you know what I mean, but super nice and new and REALLY cool inside!
it looks really fancy online...hmph.

if you had a choice, would you go to Hotel ZaZa or Gaylord Texan?

ok.LAST switch~!! (I can't believe myself)I canceled at the resort and set everything back up at Hotel ZaZa and instead of reservations at Sambuca, I made them at Dragonfly per Swanky's recommendation.Im really excited im going this weekend, after all.

woohoo! Zaza is definitely more romantic:kiss:, Gaylord maybe more casual and fun.
Zaza is WAY more hip!
Maybe go to Gaylord for their dessert cruise? It's a 2-hr dessert cruise on the lake watching the sunset:drinkup: