Need some opinions on twinsets aka pochettes aka twice.

LvoemyLV

Sep 4, 2014
So I am wanting to get a bag with a black strap to use as an all weather bag. I checked out the twinsets and cannot decide which one to get. I definitely know I want noir but mono or empreinte? I have seen both in person and still can't decide (both is not an option lol). I need something durable and able to be in all kinds of weather. I know nothing about empreinte either. I never had anything in LV empreiente.

I asked in the twinset clubhouse and only got two responses. I also read through all posts in the clubhouse lol. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

It's easier just to call it the purse formally known as Twinset.

I suggest the mono/noir. I was stuck between the noir empreiente and this canvas but you just can't beat LV canvas when it comes to durability in my opinion.

I'm actually surprised more prefer the canvas. I thought with them being so close in price more would have opted for the all leather. Could I still pull off the mono/noir for a wedding if I tuck the strap in the center?

I think the mono/noir looks more striking. It's the one that initially caught my eye, then DH surprised me by getting the empreinte one, I thought it looked a little plain and ended up returning it :shrugs:

Sometimes I think about trying it on again in mono, to see if I can work with the strap. Long story short I like the mono better, but I can see how the empreinte one is a good choice for someone who doesn't have other black leather bags, gld!

Oh I am still so confused! I was hoping to order this week...🤔[emoji15][emoji37]

ETA...actually maybe I should go with the empriente after watching a you tube video by Jerusha Couture comparing it with the pm. I already have the PM, and I know they are different bags but maybe mono would be slightly repetitive???

Last edited:
My exact dilemma! When the twinset first came out I love the contrast of mono/noir and felt the empreinte is too plain. Then after much research I felt empreinte is better value for money and more discreet if you want to be. After watching Jerusha's and MsDoGood's YouTube review I'm convinced I'll be getting the empreinte noir. When I went into the store 2 weeks ago and tried the empreinte noir, cerise and taupe the cerise was calling out to me more. So today I went into LV again 95% sure that I'll be getting the twinset empreinte cerise. When I went in, the one they reserved for me was the one with 5 holes and appeared quite handled and also their last one in cerise. I tried the mono noir and empreinte noir and back to square one again.... The mono/noir looked so good but I really want an empreinte bag as all my other LVs are canvas. So after 2 hours and some convincing from my hubby I eventually went with the empreinte noir and couldn't be happier. I think in terms of longevity and cost per wear it is the best choice for my lifestyle as it matches everything and I don't feel too conscious carrying it (I plan to use it as an everyday bag). Mine is made on the 49th week of 2015 and has the 7 holes 😄. Sorry for the long reply but just wanted to share my experience. Good luck deciding!

I have completely moved to canvas... I used to only buy leather bags but now I am completely won by canvas' flexibility, durability, and ability to stay new. It is lighter and more care-free. I think mono and noir look striking together.

Another vote for the empreinte noir. I was also on the fence back in May when I purchased my Twinset but after I tried them both on, I preferred the all empreinte as it is so subtle and discreet - I like the mongram but I don't want to be so showy when I wear it😀