need some opinion please!

iheartorange

Cert. Purse Addict
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
United States
Hi Ladies..

I know i am in the Hermes forum but i am having a dilemma now.

I own a Chanel medium classic flap. However, i was recently offered a Hermes clutch. I am supposed to be on the ban island but i can't resist on a Hermes clutch.

My question is.. would you sell the chanel classic for a Hermes Clutch? The reason why the chanel classic has only been used a few times is because I am not a big fan of beige bag, it's so pretty but i always baby it and it doesn't go well with my skin tone. FYI, I own a chanel classic in black silver hw jumbo.

Please help me decide! TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:

Birdonce

Jul 28, 2014
Seattle
I would but I'm not a big Chanel fan to begin with! Depends - do you want to diversify? Is the Hermes clutch something you would carry more? What color/style is it?

littles mom

littles mom
Oct 5, 2013
Handbag Land
Hi Ladies..

I own a Chanel medium classic flap. However, i was recently offered a Hermes clutch. I am supposed to be on the ban island but i can't resist on a Hermes clutch.

My question is.. would you sell the chanel classic for a Hermes Clutch? The reason why the chanel classic has only been used a few times is because I am not a big fan of beige bag, it's so pretty but i always baby it and it doesn't go well with my skin tone. FYI, I own a chanel classic in black silver hw jumbo.

It all depends on whether you will actually use the Hermes clutch or if you just want it because it is Hermes?? If you are not in love with it, I would pass and wait till something at Hermes comes along that you will LOVE. In addition, I would also sell the Chanel and put the money in an account waiting for the "perfect" bag to come along.

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Escaping from Ban Island;-)
It all depends on whether you will actually use the Hermes clutch or if you just want it because it is Hermes?? If you are not in love with it, I would pass and wait till something at Hermes comes along that you will LOVE. In addition, I would also sell the Chanel and put the money in an account waiting for the "perfect" bag to come along.
+1 :yes:.

MsHermesAU

Jul 16, 2012
Hi Ladies..

Can I ask what H clutch it was? Some H clutches are very casual, whereas some are quite dressy. It depends on what you want to use it for?

Fabfashion

O.G.
Feb 18, 2010
Canada
it all depends on whether you will actually use the hermes clutch or if you just want it because it is hermes?? If you are not in love with it, i would pass and wait till something at hermes comes along that you will love. In addition, i would also sell the chanel and put the money in an account waiting for the "perfect" bag to come along.
+1

jyyanks

Sep 15, 2013
I agree with the other posters above. If you're not crazy about your Chanel, sell it and use the money towards something you love. If you love the clutch, then definitely get it, otherwise keep it in a "rainy day" pot for when your SA offers you something that makes your heart skip a beat. Good Luck!!

LOUKPEACH

Mar 28, 2012
Ebay
www.ebay.com
Hi Ladies..

What was the clutch you were offered?

Nico_79

Jan 10, 2013
Ban Island
Agree I would sell the bag regardless. It's just collecting dust if you're not using it, so why not let it find a loving home elsewhere? ;)

Nahreen

Nahreen
O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
I say keep your C bag. If you really loved the clutch you would already have sold the C.