Need some input

Jun 9, 2011
Hi there, folks,

Well, now that you all know I'm a complete Dior convert ;), I might as well admit that I've sold a Chanel bag recently. This is the third Chanel bag I have owned and sold; I love the designs, but something happens when I wear them -- it just doesn't feel like ME or my style at all. Dior...now, that's something entirely different!

I've purchased the silver and red Panarea totes and the hot fuschia nylon Lady Dior. I'm thinking about making one more purchase with the funds from my last Chanel sale. (Either that, or I'm going on vacation! :graucho:)

I'd like advice about a bag that will last me forever, something I won't ever get tired of.... I'm looking at a "New Lock" Dior for $2, 250 in either turquoise or violet/purple (leaning toward the purple, as it will be much more versatile). Of course, there's always the color black, too...Anyway, I like the New Lock because it has three compartments and is roomy, but wanted people's opinions on it, since I don't see it talked about much here.

I'm also looking at a Lady Dior in the medium in a beautiful new Sky Blue lambskin color for $3100.

Of course, there are also the "Miss Dior"s...which I think look very similar to Chanels, unless I'm mistaking the name of this particular style.

I'm open to any and all input about either the above choices or any other suggestions you may have. My budget is about $3200.

Thank you for reading this long post!! :smile:

I think that a Lady Dior in lambskin would be a wonderful choice, but I want to also recommend the Dior Granville:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The lambskin is less structured, making it sumptuous to the touch. It can be hand-carried or worn as a shoulder bag OR messenger, so it can work with any handbag trend. And I just love the shape and look of the bag.

Attachments

• Dior Granville messenger style.jpg
    Dior Granville messenger style.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Dior Granville kaki.jpg
    Dior Granville kaki.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 530
  • Dior Granville w strap.jpg
    Dior Granville w strap.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 444
hmm.....maybe you will like dior bags from this link http://forum.purseblog.com/dior-ref...s-dior-granville-polochon-709313.html 

in fact,miss dior is very similar to new lock,of course miss dior is the newest edition. remember try to open and close the bag if you decided to get yourself a new lock or miss dior.
i owned a red patent new lock but ended up selling it as its hard to close the bag.

Thanks, kellyng! I didn't know that miss dior was considered the latest edition. Hmm...I will have to check out how each bag closes when I'm in the store. Thanks for the tip! :smile:

considering you already have two panarea, i would get something a little bit more 'refined', like the new lock, lady dior or miss dior. if i had the choice, it would definitely be the miss dior with long chain. it is true that it does have a slight chanel feel to it, but i think the shape and size would be a nice complement to your existing collection. the lady dior is also nice, but i would personally get it in the large or shopper size (and use it as an everyday bag). however, since you do already have a lady dior (even if it's nylon!) my vote totally goes to the miss dior!

With that budget, any one of these:

1. Lady Dior - it is THE iconic bag from the House of Dior and getting more exclusive even as we speak. Especially the black with GHW.
2. Granville - classic style plus super soft lambskin. You'll love how smooth and luxurious the leather is as you slip your hand into the outer pockets. :biggrin:
3. Granville polochon - timeless style, similar in shape to the LV Speedy but with practical outer compartments and roomy zippered middle section. Like the Granville, you'll appreciate the soft leather and handstitched cannage pattern.

All of them come with detachable shoulder straps, I like! :P
Have fun trying out all the different styles at the boutiques :graucho:

Thanks for your input, ladies! I appreciate it. Last night I had so much fun at the boutique with my favorite sales assistant in the world. (He is so fun and patient and genuine!) Anyway, I think now I'm trying to decide between the miss dior or the granville. I saw the granville and really looked at it closely in gray last night, and it's gorgeous. No, SUMPTUOUS. The leather IS as luxurious as you have all commented on, and I LOVE the fact that it can be worn cross body. Of course, the miss dior is also gorgeous, too... hmmm. I have a bit more deciding to do. I'll let you know what the outcome is! :smile: Thanks again for your advice! :smile:

Thanks for your input, ladies! I appreciate it. Last night I had so much fun at the boutique with my favorite sales assistant in the world. (He is so fun and patient and genuine!) Anyway, I think now I'm trying to decide between the miss dior or the granville. I saw the granville and really looked at it closely in gray last night, and it's gorgeous. No, SUMPTUOUS. The leather IS as luxurious as you have all commented on, and I LOVE the fact that it can be worn cross body. Of course, the miss dior is also gorgeous, too... hmmm. I have a bit more deciding to do. I'll let you know what the outcome is! :smile: Thanks again for your advice! :smile:

My vote is Granville. It is such a gorgeous and practical bag! Can be dress up and down!