Need some input please...

crissy04

Dec 6, 2018
Hi ladies, hoping someone can help or give me some advice on this bag, I saw this Chanel Jumbo double flap in periwinke colour, in therealreal website, It’s such a beautiful colour and Im so tempted to get it but hesitant at the same time, The TRR website has limited photos of the bag,no photo of serial number, It also has some marks on the front, My concern is: are those kind of marks can remove by any kind of leather cleaner or it has to send in the bagspa? And no authenticity card, is this worth it?

22AF8C79-0CF5-44F0-A20B-995D0E735F8A.png

I wouldn’t take any chances. If it was on fashionphile I’d say go ahead and purchase...thy have a good return policy. I’m not sure a bag spa or leather surgeons can fix that without dyeing the entire bag. I’ve heard of people doing that and being very dissatisfied with the results. I would pass on this.

Reactions: Alxii and janetaz
I wouldn't buy it, but that's just me. I wouldn't risk buying a bag that has marks where you don't know if it will come off. If you dye it, then it reduces the value of the bag. Also, this is just me, but I only buy bags with the Authenticity card. Dying the bag and it not having the card will definitely lower the value of the bag and eventually be really hard to sell if you ever decide to sell it.

Also, my thinking is that if you're spending that much money on a bag, then it's worth spending it on a bag where it's in good condition. Also, sometimes spending a little more for a bag in better condition is more worth it too.

For therealreal, you can always ask them for more pictures and in the past, I've asked them if I could ever return if I don't like it especially since it's expensive. They said yes to me. However, I ended up not buying the item.

Reactions: earthygirl
I doubt the marks can come off easily or else they would’ve fixed it to sell it at a higher price. Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t buy it, you might end up paying more money to treat the mark than finding one that doesn’t have a mark even though it might be a higher price point now

I’d take the risk only if you’re definitely able to return. I lurk quite a bit on TRR but have yet to purchase b/c of their no return policy on many items coupled with the lack of pictures.
hahaha...I lurk there too! I did buy a Chanel bag from the real real a few years back before they started advertising on TV. I was so upset that the condition was worse than describEd and shown in the pics that it sat in my closet for a few months. It had a popped stitch that was not mentioned and the creasing on the bag was pretty bad but it was listed as very good condition...or something like that. Anyway I tried to sell it on eBay myself but didn’t want to lose money. Then one day I got one of those random emails from the real real asking me to consign with them and I just emailed them back and told them how disappointing my first experience with them was. I received a phone call from them the next day! They offered to take the bag back for store credit but I insisted that I should get a refund due to the desccription being so off. Anyway, I got lucky and they refunded my money. needless to say I was pleased but I knew they made this exception because they were still growing and didn’t want to alienate a potentially high spending customer. Anyway, I probably won’t buy from them ever again, because the condition of the bag was inaccurately described and their return policy sucks.

I’d take the risk only if you’re definitely able to return. I lurk quite a bit on TRR but have yet to purchase b/c of their no return policy on many items coupled with the lack of pictures.
I have the same concern though I recently found out that the actual stores (currently in NYC and LA) can transfer the item into the store. So if you’re based in one of those two cities, that could be an option to inspect the bag in person at least and then decide whether to buy or not. If not in those two cities yeah I agree it’s too risky

Thank you for all the advice ladies, reading all your responses makes me feel glad that i went to the this forum first. Because i really loved the colour, i almost purchased it thinking maybe it will come off if i sent it to leather surgeon or something, but it makes sense now that this is not a good deal for me,all your input helps me, I should be patient waiting for something better,

Reactions: earthygirl