Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Hammered gold

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Hi guys!

I posted this in the VCA forum and thought I might as well post it here. I’m choosing a VCA bracelet to stack with my Cartier’s after all

I’m pretty new to VCA. I really want to add a bracelet to stack with my cartier love and JUC. Today I went to check out the holiday pendant but ended up looking at bracelets. ( I’d rather spend money on bracelet as I can look at it and WG did not work out for my skin tone)

I ended up putting a deposit on the guilloche as they did not have it in stock. Also went home with a sweet Alhambra MOP as I just needed to take something home lol. I tried on the guilloche with 2 pave motif and MOP. I attached some pics. I only focused on the guilloche so I don’t get distracted by the paved lol

Here is my thoughts about the 2 or maybe 3 options

MOP- I love the pop of white against my yellow gold jewelries! But it’s kinda hard for me to justify spending that much for for mother of pearl. To me I don’t think MOP is that precious. Also I’d worry about getting water or soap on the motif

guilloche- it is really pretty in person. I like sparkly things but I am very casual and I’d like to wear my jewelries on daily basis, especially something I spent so much money on. I’m a bit worried that guilloche would be too dressy for my sweats lol. Also, I’m not sure about the wear and tear on the bracelet. If the bracelet get scratched easily like love and loses it’s shine, I feel it will also lose the point to get this bracelet. I think it only looks good when its Sparkly and shiny. Not like love, I’d still like it with some “patina”

YG-5 motif. I’m not a huge fan of hammer gold. A bit dull. But it is pretty easy to wear and worry free. It will still look the same years later. But just nothing too excited about it lol I did not try this in store today

The last pic is from a tpfer, hopefully it’s okay to repost

C8886EA3-10BA-410C-9A7C-D45002D34541.jpeg

E4FEEF90-9B14-471C-BE3E-15B989133F6D.jpeg

42E352C4-AC61-4032-9495-E052CF6C1D6B.jpeg

I love the look of MOP the most, but I agree that it's not a precious material at all (just search mother of pearl plates on etsy). And what I wear on my wrist has to be sturdy, I won't take it off for washing hands. I would choose the MOP style as a necklace or studs and go with a gold bracelet. For me, I'd choose hammered gold, but there's no point if you don't like the look of it; so Guilloche might be your best choice.

I think they all look nice alone but combined they look like picked up from Walmart. However, this is very personal thing and only my opinion. 2 VCAs look still good together.

guilloche- it is really pretty in person. I like sparkly things but I am very casual and I’d like to wear my jewelries on daily basis, especially something I spent so much money on. I’m a bit worried that guilloche would be too dressy for my sweats lol. Also, I’m not sure about the wear and tear on the bracelet.
Someone here posted recently that there was not as much wear on her new guilloche bracelet as she thought. . . In other words it seemed more sturdy than the general consensus on TPF. found it. . . It was @luv2shop_78 here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/van-cleef-in-action.900366/page-568
And here is another thread link on how guilloche scratches aren’t so bad. .

Last edited:
Am dealing with this same dilemma! Trying to decide between MOP, Guilloche, or Hammered for the 5 motif bracelet. Any updates on how the Guilloche has aged with any wear and tear?