Need some help : Speedy Idylle or....??

gunnerjoy

Aug 18, 2010
Hi all,

I am in such a dilemma. I have a Speedy 30 Idylle which I recently bought. However, I find myself baby-ing the bag so much that I don't use it much because I am afraid the fabric will get dirty.

Should I sell it and get a normal canvas speedy or a pre-loved LE speedy which I saw at Bonanza? Or should I keep and go ahead and use it and not think so much!

Do you think that a canvas speedy is more classic and valuable compared to the Idylle??

What are your thoughts? Appreciate anyone who can help, thanks in advance!

Forget about the fabric getting dirty for a second and answer this: which one do you like better? if you close your eyes and you envision yourself leaving the house looking all nice with great hair, make up and shoes, what bag were you carrying? quickly! don’t think about it so much…

If you see yourself carrying the Idylle then keep it, use it and don’t baby it, if another bag is enticing you then sell the Idylle and get what you want. gl and have fun deciding :smile:

I think you should keep it. It's not as fragile or high maintenance as it looks and should give you years of wearing enjoyment. Just wipe it down when you use it to keep lose dirt from collecting on the fabric. Like any bag the corners are always the most difficult to maintain classic canvas or any other specialty material. HTH

Definitely I can't be of any help as I am planning on getting the speedy idylle. Let us wait for the experts to chime in. :smile:

added: wohoo two replies before I can even post mine!

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I can close my eyes and imagine carrying my Idylle rather than Mono Speedy. It's actually a v beautiful bag. Mine is in Sepia.

I guess I will make good use of it and bring it along with me more often :smile: justify my money spent! Hehe. Cleaning the fabric sounds like a good idea.

keep it! i have the idylle speedy in encre and love it! i've spilled coffee on it and the coffee just beaded up and slid off. when i dried it with a napkin, you couldn't even tell that spillage happened.

i also have the idylle speedy in sepia, and i don't baby it much at all. in fact, i am less worried about it than my canvas bags because it has no vachetta. personally, i love my idylle speedy and could never think of parting with it. hope that helps. :smile:

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I can close my eyes and imagine carrying my Idylle rather than Mono Speedy. It's actually a v beautiful bag. Mine is in Sepia.

I guess I will make good use of it and bring it along with me more often :smile: justify my money spent! Hehe. Cleaning the fabric sounds like a good idea.
yay I was hoping you'd want to keep it :tup: cool, you already have the bag you want, the easiest solution :biggrin: now it's time to enjoy

My Idylle Speedy is the least babied bag. It's worry free. I use it exclusively in bad weather and when I go out with my dogs because I can wear it cross body. It still look just as new as the day I bought it. I switched it out lately because we finally have a stretch of dry weather. I carried my Popincourt for work for a few days and I already had one dirty spot on my strap that I had to clean off.

I am really glad you are keeping it. It's a beautiful bag and it's not fragile or high maintenance.

My friend has a Idylle Speedy and she told me it has been very durable, and she hasn't been babying it. She has gotten some dirt and even raspberry on it and it has always been cleanable using some Marseille soap (of course on just the fabric, not leather) carefully.