Need some help deciding on a new LV....Mono Petit Noe or Mono Saumur MM

vanbruntsa

purses/shoes/bling!
O.G.
Feb 16, 2008
I am looking to make an LV bag purchase. I want something that is classic and that is not as popular as the other styles. I do not know a lot about the Saumur MM bag. I borrowed my friend's Noe and I liked it but I am not sure about choosing the Noe over the Saumur and need some help.

Anyone have either bag and have opinions to offer? The pros and cons of either bag would be helpful.

Thank you :smile:

i have the noe (and a petite noe). Great bag.

pros: easy style to carry, classic, easy to get in/out of (I have it tied half open so I can reach in/out)
cons: a bit of a black hole - hard to find things

I am looking to make an LV bag purchase. I want something that is classic and that is not as popular as the other styles. I do not know a lot about the Saumur MM bag. I borrowed my friend's Noe and I liked it but I am not sure about choosing the Noe over the Saumur and need some help.

Anyone have either bag and have opinions to offer? The pros and cons of either bag would be helpful.

Thank you :smile:

Hi I would get the saumur, I had the petit noe and the plain vachetta leather on the base of the bag is high maintenance!

I love my petit mono noe. It is easy to get in and out of. It is also light and comfortable. The only thing is that it sticks out too much and I am always bumping it into walls. It doesn't hug your body like a samaur would.

I love the saumur! So gorgous! Have you seen you can loop the strap in between the two compartments and wear it as either an over the shoulder bag or on the crook of your arm? Plus looks like you maybe able to hold more? Which can be good and bad lol! Good luck!

Hands down. Samur. It's more classic and has been brought back for that purpose. Noe has been around forever, someone in my family passed it down to me. But somehow it just looks a bit odd against my body because it sticks out too much due to its square base.

Go into the store and try both on. Maybe you'll be able to make a snap decision.

I love the Noé because of it's history and I think it looks incredible with a patina. Plus, absolutely love the fact that pulling a bandeau through the drawstring loops changes things up so much. So that's what I'd pick. But, these two bags each lay very differently against your body... I'd recommend trying each on if you are able to go to a store or looking at lots of mod pics in the clubhouses. Good luck!

I have had two petit noes
Pros- fabulous size, subtle beauty
Con- closure can be a pain, and it fell off of my shoulders all the time (easy fixes for both)

I have a saumur
Pro- unique, can be worn three different ways, size is great
Con- closure can be a pain (I tend to use the MIF sign as a visual to remember front from back

Do I recommend one over the other. If this is our first, go for the petit noe. It was my first and you can't go wrong. The saumur takes some tolerance in purses that is not for the faint of heart. I probably would have sold it by now but my husband got it for me as an anniversary present so I make myself use it

I have both the Petite Noe and Saumur 30. I love both of them. I bought them Preloved and no regrets. They both have their Pros and Cons. If you prefer the Crossbody Bags then this one is very comfortable to carry. I do forget which side I put my wallet and keys. The Petite Noe drawstring can be a bit of a pain, but I just dont tie it tight. It works for me. They both Patina nicely. Two beautiful choices. It's what you prefer and what looks good on you. So I would try both in the LV store.