Need some guidance.. quite pissed off. What would you do?

Feb 22, 2009
There is this girl in school that just annoys the heck out of me. I wouldn't say I'm like expert at authenticating bags, but I swear all the bags I've seen her carried were fakes, and everytime, she passes them as real, and they're like really bad fakes too that's how I know--like a pleather Gucci for example with really bad nameplate, like WTF?! Most people from my area don't carry designer and have no basic idea of what to look for. If the bag says LV then is must be LV, etc. Argh! However, she knows that I only carry real LVs and such and can spot fakes, so she only brags her stuffs when I'm not around. But anyway, last time I was in the room with girls admiring her "LV" and I felt really insulted because her purse is like one of this disgusting fakes, and it saddens me that people only care about the name and not the class or made or quality of the bag. I wanted to say something, but I don't want to sound like a stuck up and all esp cause some people might think I'm tryna be "wannabe" rich which I'm not, I'm just a poor college students who enjoys classics and will save up money for quality and awesomeness!

So yeah.. is it bad that I think bad stuffs about her like this? I don't really mean to be bad, but it hurts me.. I can't really explain the feeling. I don't encourage people to buy fakes, but I always tell them, if you love your bag, wear it proudly. Like I would wear an inspired bag (not replicas) from Forever 21 but I would never tell people it's a designer. That's just plain wrong. Please tell me I'm not the only experiencing this. What would you guys do?

This is a toughie, i would just leave it alone and let her be. You can't really do anything about it, i guess as long as you know you have the real thing, you should be proud of yourself, unlike her whose trying to be like you.

^^^ Easier said than done. Like, if you were me, what would you say? lol I'm tryna come up with something to say. This is really getting to me.

This is a toughie, i would just leave it alone and let her be. You can't really do anything about it, i guess as long as you know you have the real thing, you should be proud of yourself, unlike her whose trying to be like you.

Funny you say.. this actually the second semester I'm taking class with her, and I'm well-known by my classmates and professors to like carrying designers purses esp Coach and LV, and during the last sem, people have been commenting on my stuffs. Then all of a sudden, this girl who was never seen carry a purse before started carrying fake purses and she has tons! Like she just woke up one day and went on a fake bag shopping spree! It's ridiculous! Oh and people believe her easily because her husband is a pharmacist, so she's supposed to have money or whatever. Now I'm not sure if that's even true anymore.

At this point I think it all up to her to pretend what she has is real thing (eventhough you know it's all fake). If you come to her and told her that you know her bag is fake, people might misunderstood you. But when she start to comment on your bag or tell tale about you...that's when you can straighten thing up. Let her have her fake glory while it's last.

She is truly ANNOYING!! Carrying knock-offs is one thing but to tell everyone that she has the real stuff is just too much!! That is so wrong.

Last edited:
well not sound negative to you, but it's her own money to do whatever she like with it.. She really not hurting anyone with it she just want the attention.. people pretend they are carrying the real thing so they can feel special.. Just ignore her.. As long as you know you are carrying the real stuff that should just make you happy not worry about other people.. I mean are you jealous of all the attention she is getting from everyone??? if you are not, stop stresing yourself out about it.. it's rally not worth it.. you have better things to think or stress out about like school.. . I think the only time if you should say something is if she trying to sell fake to other people since it's illegal to sell fakes stuff...

I would ignore her, but that is because i wouldn't know what to say
eventually people will notice that hers are fake
I had a girl at my school, she had this damier bag that didn't even existed :l but she bought it for 100 euro's in turkey so it had to be real..right :rolleyes:
Anyway, the last time i saw that bag it was broken, the canvas came off etc
That would never happen with a real bag!

At one point, I contemplated about maybe I'm just jealous, but towards the end I realized that I wasn't. I don't mind that she gets the attention. It's kinda difficult to explain. At some point as well, I was thinking if it's really worth all this if people can't tell the difference anyway. I mean, we all buy these purses/other stuffs to look good. Part of it is the fact that we all admire quality, but part of it is also so people could perceive us as somebody who can dress well or look good -- and I'm talking about general shopping here, not just high-end stuffs. It hurts me in a way that if people are so shallow and clueless, why even try? Idk if that makes such a good statement.. it sounds horrible to me I know but do get what I mean? It's just that weird feeling that makes you go like ugh!

well not sound negative to you, but it's her own money to do whatever she like with it.. She really not hurting anyone with it she just want the attention.. people pretend they are carrying the real thing so they can feel special.. Just ignore her.. As long as you know you are carrying the real stuff that should just make you happy not worry about other people.. I mean are you jealous of all the attention she is getting from everyone??? if you are not, stop stresing yourself out about it.. it's rally not worth it.. you have better things to think or stress out about like school.. . I think the only time if you should say something is if she trying to sell fake to other people since it's illegal to sell fakes stuff...

ITA.. just too add...as long as she's not claiming your are fakes then...leave it be!

Lotsa of peoplewho buy the fakes, actually are made to believe their real, so let her think what she wants, you know yours is real and carry it with pride, this has happened to me lots i just laugh and keep on walking.

I have friends who buy and carry fakes, but they are honest about it. I think the issue is not about having real or fake but her integrity. She lies about her fake bag and pass them off as real. I agree that it sucks but instead of exposing her. U may want to educate pple around you on how to spot a fake.

of

Just let her do her thing, her bragging about her fake purses has nothing to do with you:biggrin:

She is just shaming herself by boasting and broadcasting about her so called "authentic" LVs and Guccis