Need some enabling for a 2005 black city

bag^lover

O.G.
Dec 25, 2008
I've just gotten into the bal craze. In a short span of 2 months, I've already purchased a charbon work and a BDR city. It's crazy! I fell in love with the lightness of the bag and the colours are just so tempting.

Now, I want a black city, not just any black city, but a 2005 black city! Chevre leather, not distressed (which is just the way I like it). But, do you ladies think it's madness? To get 3 bal bags in less than 3 months?

roey

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
In the sunshine!
This year, I bought more bbags than ever! One a month beginning in February and ending in August. Skipped September/October, and in November I bought one more, and may be wrapping up the year this month with yet another purchase. So I say, buy the 05 black city!

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
United Kingdom
chevre black City? Every girl should have one!
The 'trouble' with Bals are that there are soo many beautiful colours that it is hard to know when to stop....I've bought and sold far too many this year but have finally decided I just need 3 basic 'neutral' cities as 'forever bags'.
Go for it - such a classic!

2shai_

GGH Searching
Sep 25, 2008
NYC
Go for it! I've also bought and sold so many Bal bags this year so you're not the only one! I think I acquired 9 Bbags this year and sold 4!!! I'm way crazier than you! haha I had a 09 Black RH City but I returned it to fund another purchase, I kind of regret returning it but it will always be available, but not an 05 Black RH City!

bag^lover

O.G.
Dec 25, 2008
Thanks for all your comments. I do not own any black bags currently. So maybe I should really get one.

I know... it's really just an excuse.

French75

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Paris, France
^^ same for me !! :graucho:
I don't even want to make the calculation to discover how many b. bags I bought this year, but among them is a 2005 Black City and the leather is awsome, like a pillow !
If you can afford it I would say go for it !! a black city is something all the b.bag lovers should have and with chevre leather it's fabulous :smile:

MichK

Nov 1, 2008
I think a 2005 (especially a Spring/Summer 2005) Black City is THE one bag to own... 05 leather is just so luscious and so, so, so soft... and jet black! I used to have one (and gave it up because I preferred my 04 Black PH City and the contrast of the PH) and it was just wonderful. As someone said, if aren't in any financial trouble and can afford it, go for it :biggrin:

Livia1

O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
Europe
A black City is a classic no matter what year it's from. Get what you want.

And yes, most people would think it was madness to buy 3 bags in less than 3 months but those people are most likely not to be found in this forum ;)

cbarrus

Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
Part of the Bal craziness is that it is hard to stop at just one :smile: But, as the others have said, if you can afford it, black '05 City bags are special. And, they are much more reasonable these days than they were a year or so ago, so now is the time to buy. I have a F/W '05 black City (it's the one in my avatar) with the leather you describe - smooth and jet black. It is timeless and will give you many years of pleasure wearing it!