Need some big bag advice

zoeyjoey

O.G.
Jun 1, 2009
Good morning all. I am starting graduate school in a few weeks and have decided to get a new (or new to me) bag to carry my books, etc. because I feel I need something a bit more sophisticated than a backpack. I will be attending school in the evenings after work, and I commute to both work and school by train, so my whole day needs to fit in this bag. I currently carry a black Logan briefcase in black to work every day, but in my experience it is a bit too small to accommodate my everyday items plus text books, etc.

I have been looking at Gigis (11131), but fear that this bag would be incredibly heavy after I fill it up. I walk quite a bit during my commute, and don't want to torture myself. I have also been considering large ergo totes (11011 or 10744), but wonder if the wide open nature of this bag will eventually present a security problem for me. Also, I am not sure if they look polished enough for work/networking events.

Any ideas and/or suggestions would be incredibly helpful. Thanks.

When I started law school, I had purchased a nice red leather bag at the outlet (MFF) and it worked for my laptop and books (granted, not a ton of books, but I only went to one class per night so I swapped books out).

I bought a Gigi and then returned it because it was so heavy just being empty so take it for what its worth.

What about the Lozenge Tote #12253 . It is very large, very light and has tones of space.

I also love the Canvas and Leather Tote A1J-7770 very large, light and keeps it shape well becuase it is leather on the bottom.

Both are on Ebay or Bonanzle and the 7770 has a great price...

Gigi will be heavy.

Addison business tote?
I think this one looks more like a tote to carry your stuff than the Peyton does. Peyton looks like a handbag!

The Peyton is very nice and roomy but you should go to the Outlet and look at it because after you add the Labtop it may be to small..

There is the Hampton Briefcase which is very much like the Peyton and has The legacy strip and a labtop cover. It is very roomy, looks a lot like the Peyton and has a breif case strap in cash you want to carry it on you shoulder.. It is also lighter..

90046 - I was considering the Addison business tote, but was not sure if it was quite big enough.

Coach Addict - the Hamptons briefcase looks great. I even saw one in red, which would is totally different than the rest of my bags. :biggrin:

The Peyton is very nice and roomy but you should go to the Outlet and look at it because after you add the Labtop it may be to small..

There is the Hampton Briefcase which is very much like the Peyton and has The legacy strip and a labtop cover. It is very roomy, looks a lot like the Peyton and has a breif case strap in cash you want to carry it on you shoulder.. It is also lighter..

This is true. I can't even fit my laptop into the Peyton.

I was thinking about starting a thread just like this - you beat me to it, zoeyjoey!

I'm newish to the forums, but not to Coach, I'm a serious addict. I'm thinking about doing the same thing and buying a Coach bag for classes this year, and I love the Peyton - I've had my eye on it for a while. Does anyone know if it will fit a standard size binder and maybe a textbook comfortably? I don't really care if my laptop will fit, but I need to be able to carry a couple of books.

I apologize if this should be a separate thread, I just thought that it related enough that I'd post the question here. Thanks, ladies! :smile:

I think the Gigi would be as heavy as any other leather bag you find, perhaps only a few ounces heavier if even that. If you really want to go light you might consider a nylon bag (padded if your carrying your laptop with you). But the Gigi would last much longer and look prettier!