Need some advice

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm sorry to post this but I don't know where else to get great advice. :biggrin: So I appreciate any comments!!

So I found a resale black birkin 35cm PHW clemence. I has been on my list for awhile. But in order to make sense to buy it, I would probably sell my HAC GHW 32cm Ardennes. One of the reasons I'd like the birkin is the longer handles over the HAC. Plus the smooshy look as a great running around everyday bag with the kiddos. But I know that the HAC in that leather is rare too. So does it make sense to sell one for the other?

I have a black 32cm box kelly, and a black SHW chanel jumbo that are more 'formal' if you will so there is some appeal about a more casual Birkin. But you don't see many HACs around either. And I do already have two Birkins 35cm: raisin togo and natural barenia.

Adding to my dilemma is the fact that I also want to buy some WMOP VCA jewelry before the prices go up mid-April and I just bought a limited edition chanel mini-flap, which are also hard to find. Not even in the limited edition, just the mini flap!!

Aghhh! When it rains it pours. :rain:

I could pull it all off, but I want to be smart about it. I'd like to have bags that I use, and not ones that just hang around so I don't need too many black bags! LOL. But I know that things are hard to come by so not sure what to wait for, what to let go, or try to hold on in light of the price increases and rarity factors.

Oh geez. What a luxury mess. :wacko:

2. Sorry for the long post!

3. Sounds like you need to prioritise. You seem attached to the concept of "hard to find" pieces and rationalise your purchases with this. A black B35 in Clemence is not hard to find. Perhaps your recent spending mood triggering a domino effect of sorts.

4. If i were you, i would hold on tight to that ardennes HAC. It is indeed an amazing leather... One of the best hermes leather, indestructible!

5. I'm in a similar boat as you. Right now I want several H and non-H items including a new B35 or 40. So far I haven't found these items in the color that I want without having to go the reseller route (and I just can't justify the mark up). At the same time I kept asking myself if I need another B. My HAC 32 has been sitting in my closet untouched for 4 years. I agree with Jadeite, prioritization is in order as well as assessing how easy it is to obtain certain item. Which one will have the most use of all the new items you mentioned? Same goes for your existing bags, do you really want to part with them? I collect my bags and can't see myself parting with them. My justification is that now I have 2 DDs so I'm keeping these for them. :P Another method I use is to designate each acquisition towards my upcoming bday, anniversary, Xmas, etc. gifts. I'm into next year's presents now. :biggrin:

6. I would rather keep hac32
    You already has other birkins to play with
    Stay focus on your vca target lol

7. +1. Focus on VCA. You can and will always be able to find another Black B.

8. Bags are meant to be used - not left in your closet.

Have a good honest look at your collection - which ones are you actually using?? If you aren't using a bag or a few bags and they are sitting in the closet unloved, then sell them to fund something you will use and love.

9. I will keep the HAC too. The HAC is not easy to find, moreover yours is in GHW! Your bag collection seems totally fine with a good mix of casual and formal. I wont do anything to alter that. :smile: GL!

10. You collection sounds lovely and I would keep the HAC as you already have 2 Bs and a few black bags. I would focus on the VCA and then see if you really need a black B after the VCA purchase! I have the MOP VCA necklace and I love it!!! GL!

11. Keep the HAC
    Buy the VCA

12. Ditto........:smile:

13. LOL I know what you mean. I'm in the same situation. ;) Great points. Thanks!

14. Thanks! I guess I can find another BB down the line. Been waiting for a year to find one in decent condition, in the leather/hardware combo, that is not horribly marked up price wise. But I need to have faith it will happen again. With the $ I save on the preprice increased, I can put it towards my future Birkin fund! :graucho:

15. Great advice and succinctly said by two Hermes gurus! Your post and expertise means a lot. Thanks. :hugs: