Need some advice....

alisaxoxo

May 27, 2010
I have used eBay for many years now (buying & selling) but have never sold any of my purses until a couple days ago. I put up my Chanel medium lamb skin flap on and so far have about 50 watchers and 6 bids at $250 right now with five days left. I have a girl who has offered $1,200 for it. It is in used condition and all I have is the dust bag, no cards, etc. I did purchase it on eBay and had it authenticates on tPF (thanks!) I want to do that so I can avoid seller fees, but is that wrong to the other bidders? Also, do you think I will get more money from the bidding auction? I am just not sure if her offer is reasonable either because I am not sure how much my flap is worth.

I appreciate your help ladies!

Many bids happen in the last few minutes/seconds.

I have always started my bids or selling price at a price I would be comfortable selling. It is okay with eBay to pull the listing, but you have to cancel all bids first. Personally, I don't think that doing this is the right thing to do. Let it run, you may be pleasantly surprised.

^^ I agree with the posters above because a.) you may end up getting more out of the auction than she's offered and b.) I really don't think it's cool to end auctions once bidding has begun. I have on a few occasions changed my listing to a Buy It Now format, at buyers request, but once you have people actively bidding . . . it just doesn't seem classy or fair to me.

I'd let it run -- many times the bids on high-end luxury items don't come until near the end of the auction. Bidders don't want to run up the price while the auction is running, so they just watch then bid near the end. Good Luck!!

Run an advanced search on eBay on completed listings to find out what recent bags like yours sold for. Don't end the listing but let it run its course. A d in the future start the listing at a price you are comfortable selling your item or put a reserve price on.

Run an advanced search on eBay on completed listings to find out what recent bags like yours sold for. Don't end the listing but let it run its course. A d in the future start the listing at a price you are comfortable selling your item or put a reserve price on.

agree and the vintage bags usually do not go as high as the fairly new ones..

Just let it run. At times, the bids would sky-rock during the last 5 minutes, esp since you have 60 watchers. It is kinda unfair to the current highest bidder if you close it for the other lady.

I have used eBay for many years now (buying & selling) but have never sold any of my purses until a couple days ago. I put up my Chanel medium lamb skin flap on and so far have about 50 watchers and 6 bids at $250 right now with five days left. I have a girl who has offered $1,200 for it. It is in used condition and all I have is the dust bag, no cards, etc. I did purchase it on eBay and had it authenticates on tPF (thanks!) I want to do that so I can avoid seller fees, but is that wrong to the other bidders? Also, do you think I will get more money from the bidding auction? I am just not sure if her offer is reasonable either because I am not sure how much my flap is worth.

I appreciate your help ladies!

To be honest, having 50+ watchers means nothing.
I have sold a bag in the past and i had almost 120 watchers and only 8 people place a bid on my auction which still sold to the amount i wanted.
So it is your choice to either let it run or accept what amount you are comfortable with.
Good luck with your decision:smile: