Need some advice - problem with Sarah wallet

aussiemel

Jan 16, 2015
Hello fellow TPF'ers,

My Sarah wallet is 11 months old, I do use it every day but am always careful with my things. I noticed yesterday that it is starting to come apart near the stud where it closes.

Is this the glazing that is coming apart? Would LV classify this as wear and tear or do you think this is unusual for a wallet that is only 11 months old? Do you think they would repair it or replace it?

I realise it doesn't look too bad at the moment but I feel with time it is going to get worse.

I'm going to take it to LV in Frankfurt tomorrow and see what they say. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_3719_zpsi1csydw6.jpg
    IMG_3719_zpsi1csydw6.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 796
Hello fellow TPF'ers,

My Sarah wallet is 11 months old, I do use it every day but am always careful with my things. I noticed yesterday that it is starting to come apart near the stud where it closes.

Is this the glazing that is coming apart? Would LV classify this as wear and tear or do you think this is unusual for a wallet that is only 11 months old? Do you think they would repair it or replace it?

I realise it doesn't look too bad at the moment but I feel with time it is going to get worse.

I'm going to take it to LV in Frankfurt tomorrow and see what they say. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
It should be a free repair. If it is not, insist that it should be. That is definitely not normal on an 11-month old wallet, especially one that is not carried on the person. It is a glazing issue and is most definitely a problem. I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Good luck! Please let us know what happens :heart:

~LVMK

It should be a free repair. If it is not, insist that it should be. That is definitely not normal on an 11-month old wallet, especially one that is not carried on the person. It is a glazing issue and is most definitely a problem. I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Good luck! Please let us know what happens :heart:

~LVMK
Thanks LVMK :smile:

You confirmed what I thought :sad:

I'll let you know what they say tomorrow. Thanks again!!

Hello fellow TPF'ers,

Hi there aussiemel! I would imagine they will tell you it is normal wear and tear from almost a year of daily use, but since it's been only 11 months they might repair it without charge. Since it looks like that is the part of the flap your fingers grasp in order to open the wallet, they will probably say it's normal wear from that kind of use.

Let us know what happens and I hope they take care of it for you! Good luck!

Hi there aussiemel! I would imagine they will tell you it is normal wear and tear from almost a year of daily use, but since it's been only 11 months they might repair it without charge. Since it looks like that is the part of the flap your fingers grasp in order to open the wallet, they will probably say it's normal wear from that kind of use.

Let us know what happens and I hope they take care of it for you! Good luck!
Hi KpopKyle, thank you very much for your help.

I thought the same, because it's the part that gets grasped every time the wallet gets opened they may just say it's wear and tear. I do think though that they are made for this purpose and a wallet that cost €475 should hold out longer than 11 months. I think it will only get worse.

I'll let you know what they say today. Thanks again :smile:

Hello fellow TPF'ers,

You're still within a year of purchase so my only advice would be to return to the store and request a repair. Most likely they will tell you it's normal wear and tear, so don't expect a full replacement, but if the rest of the wallet is in excellent condition it will help in your case of getting a repair done free of charge.

You're still within a year of purchase so my only advice would be to return to the store and request a repair. Most likely they will tell you it's normal wear and tear, so don't expect a full replacement, but if the rest of the wallet is in excellent condition it will help in your case of getting a repair done free of charge.
Thanks Miss Krys :smile: The rest of the wallet is in excellent condition so that should help.

I originally bought a Sarah wallet in 2011 and it had a decent sized piece of glazing peel off the edge on side the following August. I was given a new one, and the replacement has been fine now with no problems at all since then in August 2012. I have used wallet almost every day since too.

Last edited:
I originally bought a Sarah wallet in 2011 and it had a decent sized piece of glazing peel off the edge on side the following August. I was given a new one, and the replacement has been fine now with no problems at all since then in August 2012. I have used wallet almost every day since too.
That's good to know, thanks for your help :smile:

I agree. And I might ad it is normal wear and tear: glazing does rub off over time. But Louis Vuitton has great customer service and I don't doubt they will reglaze your wallet for free.

I agree. And I might ad it is normal wear and tear: glazing does rub off over time. But Louis Vuitton has great customer service and I don't doubt they will reglaze your wallet for free.
Thanks Fabuleux, I was hoping you'd chime in here :smile:

I took it there today, the wallet is in perfect condition except for the glazing and they offered immediately to repair it free of charge. Unfortunately this will take 6 weeks because it gets sent to Paris but that's just how it is.

One thing I found a bit strange though was that the SA couldn't find the date code? I've never looked for it before but I couldn't find it quickly either. Where is it on the Sarah? I bought this wallet directly from LV so I know there's no issue with authenticity but I was a bit concerned the SA might think there was, even though I had the invoice with me and all.