Need some advice - problem with Sarah wallet

Hello aussiemel. I was wondering on the outcome of your wallet. Did you take it to LV for repair and was it free of charge? I purchased a Sarah wallet from a friend recently. The original purchase date was February 2015 and I noticed that the glazing is coming apart on sides. I'm kind of nervous going to LV and asking to have it repaired, since I'm not the original buyer. Any thoughts or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jeneath,

Welcome to TPF :smile:

Yes I did take my wallet to LV for repair, I'm still waiting to get it back, it's only been 4 weeks though, they told me it would take 6. Because my wallet was a few days over 12 months old when I took it in and it was in otherwise perfect condition they offered to repair it free of charge.

They were very nice and the repair was offered immediately, I had no problems whatsoever. I did have my receipt with me, is it possible for you to get the receipt from your friend? I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes because they can probably tell from the date code how old it is (although sometimes the purses are sold a few months after they are produced). Also, on the Sarah it is very difficult to see the date code, my SA couldn't even find it because it's so well hidden.

I would try and get the receipt from your friend so you can prove how old it is, and even if you can't get it I would definitely take it in to LV and see what they say. Without the receipt they may not do the repair free of charge but I don't know, I'm just guessing.

Maybe it's worth getting the wallet repaired even if it costs something, that's something only you can decide though. I would say the glazing problem will get worse over time if it's not repaired.

Don't be nervous, there's nothing wrong with not being the original buyer and there's nothing wrong with asking, either they'll repair it free of charge or you can decide if you want to pay to have it done.

Let me know how you go and good luck!

Hello aussiemel. I was wondering on the outcome of your wallet. Did you take it to LV for repair and was it free of charge? I purchased a Sarah wallet from a friend recently. The original purchase date was February 2015 and I noticed that the glazing is coming apart on sides. I'm kind of nervous going to LV and asking to have it repaired, since I'm not the original buyer. Any thoughts or advise will be greatly appreciated.
I forgot to quote you in my post yesterday so you knew that I'd replied.

I got a message that my wallet was ready and I picked it up today, they've done a beautiful job and it looks new. I'm very pleased to have it back.