Need some advice please!!!!

haribo15

Apr 29, 2009
Hi! Was thinking about buying a small mabel shoulder bag... but some of my friends said it looked like a camera bag.... lol!!

What do you think??? Has someone here got it???

Thanks alot :ty::ty::ty:

Hi Haribo

I dont have it but unfortunately I do agree with your friends, it does seem to have a camera bag feel to it.

However with any bag it is always best to see if you can try it on in real life, it may look gorgeous on you - what works for some doesn't always work for others.

Good luck with your choice :smile:

Hi Haribo, I wouldn't listen to your friend - you need to like the bag! However, I agree with Maple perhaps you need to see one IRL to make up your own mind. I don't think anyone's opinion counts except yours! Hope this helps.

Mabel is a gorgeous style. It's a very classy looking bag. I personally love the Mabel, but I like the normal style one though, the one that you can carry over your shoulder. The small one looks a bit awkward IMO. I like bags that I can carry on my shoulder too, not just hand held.

What colour are you interested in, Haribo?

Hi Haribo- I have the champagne shoulder bag and it is a little longer than the small mabel (of which I also have 2) -it is a lovely fit on the shoulder and is my smart evening bag for nights out- I love it as I am a hands free girl at heart and while I find the small mables nice (thus have 2) I dont like not being able to sling a bag on my shoulder so I am now eyeing up buying the shoulder in black in HOF - its £395 in there in the black if this helps- not sure what other colours it is available in now- was in lipstick in the sale-not my cup of tea as I dont do colour- champagne was my adventurous toe in the water re a colourful bag

Last edited:
Hi haribo, this is me with my lipstick and butterscotch shoulder mabels. It's their boxiness I love. And the flexibility. I'd wear with jeans or in the evening. They are a perfect splash of colour for me. Up close the hardware makes them nothing like a camera bag. Not a bit of velcro in sight!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4953 (2).jpg
    IMG_4953 (2).jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 95
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!

To elvisfan4life : I was looking for the lipstick color (which I really love personally) but I think your champagne one is really nice aswell. I have never saw it in real life. Thanks alot for your honest opinion.

To corries2 thanks alot for providing me photos. You've got 2 really beautiful mabels. I really like them (especially the lipstick one.... lol :biggrin:) and they suit you alot.

I think I'll continue my search for a mabel shoulder bag because as you said it's not similar to a camera bag at all.

:tpfrox:

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!

To elvisfan4life : I was looking for the lipstick color (which I really love personally) but I think your champagne one is really nice aswell. I have never saw it in real life. Thanks alot for your honest opinion.

To corries2 thanks alot for providing me photos. You've got 2 really beautiful mabels. I really like them (especially the lipstick one.... lol :biggrin:) and they suit you alot.

I think I'll continue my search for a mabel shoulder bag because as you said it's not similar to a camera bag at all.

:tpfrox:[/QUOTE

Im not sure if Canopy in Nottingham - or any other Canopy store- might still have the lipstick shoulder at 50% off- it was certainly in the Nottingham one a couple of weeks ago as they still had sale bags- worth giving them a call if you are anywhere near a canopy store- I called them when their sale was on and the nice lady there rang round all their stores and emailed a list of what each store had!! I know their sale in Nottingham was still on last week cos my OH told me as he works in Nottingham and went past it on the way to the bank

Hi haribo, this is me with my lipstick and butterscotch shoulder mabels. It's their boxiness I love. And the flexibility. I'd wear with jeans or in the evening. They are a perfect splash of colour for me. Up close the hardware makes them nothing like a camera bag. Not a bit of velcro in sight!

Now that butterscotch is really nice- even for a colour phobic like me- looks lovely on you

Having read what your friends think - I think that in Black it would have a 'camera bag' look about it, but in a colour (like corries gorgeous Butterscotch one) it looks great. (and I'm not even a colour person!)