need some advice on a purchase..please

Nov 21, 2006
ok...so I have the large leather horsebit hobo chain bag in the tan color. I have been wanting the black one also. I was considering selling my tan one and purchasing a black one. But, I dont want to regret it. Soooo....I'm considering getting the black one also. My question is...is that dumb? Do I need 2 bags, the exact same?? Also, is this style bag "played" out. Should I just save my money and let it go??? All my bags are LV, except this one Gucci hobo. I usually like more of the classic, non Gucci logo bags..FYI. I would love some opinions on this...thanks guys!! :biggrin:

Do you LOOOOOOOOOVE your brown one? If so, you keep it and save for it in black! I don't see a problem with having the same bag in different colors as long as you love the bag. Plus, I have a feeling you WILL regret selling the brown.

Hi, it sounds to me that you are still in love with your brown Gucci so I think you should keep it. I also think you should try on the black at the Gucci boutique to see if you how u feel about it. If you feel strongly that you have to have it in black, why not! Good luck!

You're in the same position as me (I think I already said).

No you are not dumb to want the black one TOO because one day I will getting round to doing the same thing (though mine will be different sizes too).

I don't know what condition your tobacco bag is in but you probably won't get a huge amount for it even though I'm sure it's gorgeous.

Both bags are investments not particularly for resale but because they're both classics and Gucci at Gucci's best. It's probably one of my favourite styles besides the Boston.

I think if you want the black, save for it but I would definitely keep the tobacco

I think you should keep the brown and get the black. Gucci doesn't have the highest resale value and you'd probably be insulted at some of the offers sent to you on the bay.

I have a Pelham in brown and a Pelham in black. They look totally different and I love them both so I dont think its a bad idea at all. If they fit your needs, why not?

I would get the black bag as well, if you like the brown so much! I have 3 so I know exactly what you mean. I have a medium brown leather, medium beige/brown gg cloth, and the limited edition zebra handle gg black cloth bag. I love them all. They are all different and I still get tons of compliments!!!! Go for it and get the black.:biggrin:

I have several bag styles in multiple colors - they look very different from each other even though they are the same bag so I say go for it - get the black one too!