Need some advice! Neo Noe vs Pochette Metis

kathy12

Apr 13, 2014
Hi ladies, I would like to seek your advice please! I bought a pochette metis recently, but am eyeing on Neo Noe with pink strap. Which one will you pick if budget is only for one. And why? Thank you~~ xoxo

Hi ladies, I would like to seek your advice please! I bought a pochette metis recently, but am eyeing on Neo Noe with pink strap. Which one will you pick if budget is only for one. And why? Thank you~~ xoxo
Ooo hard one, I have the pm and love it, by far my favourite but recently I've been looking at the NeoNoe as I love it. Especially the pink. However, if they were both in front of me I think I'd pick the pm. There are some you tube reveals now with the NeoNoe which are fab. Maybe worth a watch xx

I bought the PM in January and the Neonoe whenever it came out (Feb? March?) I sold my PM ~ drove me crazy with the flap to always open to get inside. I found the back zippered pocket worthless (my phone would not fit if I had the bag filled) and the interior too small. Now there are problems with the mono canvas on the PM, so I'm glad it's gone. The neonoe is super light, love that it's open top, and holds as much as my NFMM with room to spare. It's all what you like in a bag. :smile:

I bought the PM in January and the Neonoe whenever it came out (Feb? March?) I sold my PM ~ drove me crazy with the flap to always open to get inside. I found the back zippered pocket worthless (my phone would not fit if I had the bag filled) and the interior too small. Now there are problems with the mono canvas on the PM, so I'm glad it's gone. The neonoe is super light, love that it's open top, and holds as much as my NFMM with room to spare. It's all what you like in a bag. :smile:

Agree, depends on what you are looking for. Try a neo noe on and see if you like before before returning the pm. I like the look of the neo noe better, and prefer no flap keeping me from my stuff.
Good luck!

Ooo hard one, I have the pm and love it, by far my favourite but recently I've been looking at the NeoNoe as I love it. Especially the pink. However, if they were both in front of me I think I'd pick the pm. There are some you tube reveals now with the NeoNoe which are fab. Maybe worth a watch xx
Thanks for the advice. I think I will watch more YouTube videos or try on the neo noe in the boutique.

Reactions: Mummytotwo

Thanks for sharing the experience with PM. I actually haven't used mine yet, still sitting in the box. And I haven't seen neo noe in person. Fell in love when seeing IG posts. I am thinking about going to the store to see her in person:smile:

Thank you! I am kinda worry about the sagging problem.
I read somewhere around tPF that a base shaper for a Speedy 25 will fit perfectly on the bottom of the Neonoé. Just make sure to buy a leather base shaper, not a plastic one, just not to put extra stress on the corners of the canvas.

Funny you post this thread and I just solve the same dilemma this afternoon. I went to try on the Emp PM in Noir at the LV Store. I thought I would love it after waiting for months for it to launch, but it turns out there was no wow factor for me. Even the front pocket was not sewn evenly. If I'm going to spend that much money, it shouldn't have this type of defect. My SA brought out the Neo Noe in Noir for me and this bag wasn't even on my radar. I tried it on and it has everything that I want in a bag. I end up buying the Neo Noe.

I think you should try out the bags to decide.

Funny you post this thread and I just solve the same dilemma this afternoon. I went to try on the Emp PM in Noir at the LV Store. I thought I would love it after waiting for months for it to launch, but it turns out there was no wow factor for me. Even the front pocket was not sewn evenly. If I'm going to spend that much money, it shouldn't have this type of defect. My SA brought out the Neo Noe in Noir for me and this bag wasn't even on my radar. I tried it on and it has everything that I want in a bag. I end up buying the Neo Noe.

I think you should try out the bags to decide.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I got the monogram PM. I just took a close look and see one part of canvas quite weird. I am not sure about it. I will take it to boutique to see if it is normal. I think neo noe can be a more carefree bag. Do you agree?

I really want to get a monogram bag this year and I also keep going back and forth between Pochette Metis and NeoNoe. They are both great bags, but I can't really justify both in my collection.
  • Pochette Metis - SO beautiful, versatile, fits a lot for it's quite compact size. However, I'm worried about quality issues, the fact that the opening/closing might be a pain, the vachetta (not a lot of it, but still some) and that when I put more items inside it might looks ridiculous from the side.
  • NeoNoe - it's a gorgeous, modern take on a classic bag, the price point is just amazing for what you get. It fits a lot and there is no vachetta to worry about. I'm worried that the inside strap might get caught into larger items making it difficult to take in/out and that it might be too long for me crossbody (I'm 5'6). I'm also waiting to hear about possible quality issues on NeoNoe, because I want to make my purchase around October (for my birthday). I initially wanted a monogram equivalent of my Speedy B 25 DE, but now I'm a bit worried this might be a bit too similar.
Right now I'm leaning more towards the NeoNoe, but I have no idea what I'll end up getting myself. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful, but I'm very interested to hear what others have to say on the subject!

I don't have a NeoNoe but have a PM that's a couple of years old and in pristine condition. I find I carry it less often because although it's beautiful, it's a pain to get in and out of. Even my Lockme II with a top flap has easier access because the leather is so supple. I know the PM is very popular right now, but I would seriously consider the NeoNoe.

I had the PM in mono and sold it. I LOVE the look of the bag, but hated going in and out of it all the time with the lock. I just got the neo noe in noir about a week ago and so far, I love it. It's very lightweight, the mono is beautiful with the pop of black (or in your case, pink, which I also love), the strap stays put on my shoulder, the top is open enough to easily reach in and grab my phone from the center pocket. It's very functional. I debated whether to get the PM in empreinte over the neo noe, but for the price and the frustrations I knew I'd have with the PM, I decided against it.

Reactions: kathy12
I think you really need to see them both in person to figure out which you like better. They are very different bags. I have both for that reason...but if you can only choose one it really depends which you like more. They are both great bags!!!

Reactions: snibor