Need some advice - epsom or clemence Trim?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies

I am totally obsessed with the Trim II after seeing one in Bali and falling in love. Unfortunately they didn't have the colour I wanted - black - but I can't get it off my mind. Hearing the bag is going to be rested means I want to grab one while I can.

My dilemma - I love slouchy leather (I have a Clemence Evelyne and Jypsiere) but am wondering if Epsom might be a better choice so it's a bit more durable. I know the corner wear can be an issue with Epsom but I can live with that.

My questions - how durable is Epsom - can it get wet and does it soften AT ALL? I just don't know if I want a really stiff bag.

There are a couple around the resellers at the moment and the Epsoms are about 1/2 the price of the Clemence. Can anyone clue me into why?

REALLY appreciate your help!

Julie :biggrin:

2. I'm taking a stab at this one: for some reason a lot of people don't like epsom...so I'm guessing thats why they're half the price. I've read that its because it has a "plastic-y" feel etc...I'm a fan: its light-weight, holds it shape beautifully & it weather resistant. If you're a fan of slouchy leather, this leather isn't for you. I know it develops a beautiful patina, but I haven't read that it really "softens up"....HTH & GL-I'm starting to love the trim II myself!!

3. Some of the boutiques have had them on sale but I haven't seen a black one. Whichever leather you choose, you will be delighted with the Trim. It's a fantastic bag.

4. If you want slouchy, you might consider the evergrain. Mine is totally smooshy and fabulous!

[​IMG]

5. oh the evergrain is gorgeous!

6. Clemance over epsom in a heart beat!

7. #7 Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    I know - it's a hard decision. There is a new Evergrain on the luxury-shop.com website but the price is exorbitant. I am thinking I might go with Epsom just so I can have a bag that is lighter, weatherproof etc. I am wanting it as an everyday bag. I tend to not use my Clemence daily as I don't want to damage them. Not sure yet...

8. If you like a slouchy bag go for clemence. It's not as durable as epsom but still one of the most durable leathers. I have slowly started to like epsom more and more as it's a very light leather and takes wear really well. I'm sure that you'll love either one but clemence has a more slouchy look for sure.