Need some advice ... and a dose of reality

harley

Look out Singapore!!
Jan 10, 2006
I went to the NYC flagship store to purchase some things and I asked realistically how long the wait list is for a Kelly. The SA said they no longer have wait lists for any of the bags and basically you choose what you like (leather and hardware) and if they happen to have it, it is yours. In my case, she took down my specs and said if one came in, she would call me. I guess I was under the impression you had to wait and get whatever was there when your name came up or you order one. Is this not right? I would gladly have ordered one but that was not an option. So the bag I want may come in tomorrow or never. Is that correct?

yes ........but importantly its wise to pick something they are likely to have ordered for the store and is not a VIP type bag that would have been a SPECIAL order for someone. ie black togo with palladium 32

Dear Ms. Harley:

Same rule goes with the west coast stores... Unless you are willing to open-up your options or have EXTREME GOOD LUCK and go to the store VERY OFTEN to check it out, then it's tick tick tick=wait....

What's the spec of your dream bag?! If I spot anything or if my SA calls, I'll keep my ears and eyes OPEN!!!

harley, I apologize if I am not understanding something, but you can't get a Kelly off the shelf at the flagship NY store? Or were you looking for some specific Kelly?

I just wasn't aware that Kellys were that scarce even at the NY flagship store.

harley, I apologize if I am not understanding something, but you can't get a Kelly off the shelf at the flagship NY store? Or were you looking for some specific Kelly?

I just wasn't aware that Kellys were that scarce even at the NY flagship store.

you can ususally get one off the shelf but its going to be white or gold or a 35 red sellier...........meaning if you want a black chevre 32 with phw its not going to be on the shelf

hermesaholic, thanks for the clarifiation. It's the same situation here. Birkin and Kelly in black anything (much less a chevre!) is a rarity in my neck of the woods.

harley, i would say H stores will call you after you left them with the information. My experience is I'm looking for a gold kelly with gold hardware (and still!), the SAs did call me even though they have the bag but silver hardware. Last month someone from the store called and asked me if I'm interested in a biscuit color kelly. So probably you need to have some faith (and putting money in your piggy bank)!

Dear Ms. Harley:

Same rule goes with the west coast stores... Unless you are willing to open-up your options or have EXTREME GOOD LUCK and go to the store VERY OFTEN to check it out, then it's tick tick tick=wait....

What's the spec of your dream bag?! If I spot anything or if my SA calls, I'll keep my ears and eyes OPEN!!!

What I am looking for is the true red (not sure of the Hermes color codes or names)in the soft leather with silver (such a novice I am - is it palladium or something like that?) and the medium size ... again I am so new to this. I know it will cost about 6 grand or so ...

Any help would be much appreciated!!