Need Secret Santa Gift Idea ASAP!!!!

foxytnns

O.G.
Sep 10, 2008
Hey everyone!

I just started working at a new firm a few weeks ago and our Holiday party is next weekend. We are doing a Secret Santa gift exchange with a limit at $25. Of course the name I drew is the girl whose job I took! I was only able to work with her for a few days so I don't know her well at all. I'm at a complete loss for what I should buy!

I asked a couple people in the office what she liked and all they said was "alcohol, dogs and health stuff" (apparently she was really into fad-type diets :shrugs:). She was a really big help to me when I worked with her so I want to get her something decent, but since I don't know her I'm having a really hard time coming up with ideas.

HELP!

Mods, feel free to move this post if it should be placed somewhere else! Thanks!

I'd suggest a Whole Foods gift card. They've got a ton of "health stuff" and she can take her pick. It's hard when you barely know the person, so I think gift cards are appropriate in this situation. It's better then trying to put something together when you're not even sure if she'd like it. Good luck!

A couple of coworkers & I organized a Secret Santa event at our workplace. We are using this Secret Santa website that we use to invite people to the event, it also generates who will be the recipient of the gifts and we can make a wish list on it. It's neat because I don't always see some of the coworkers and it'll be hard to gather everybody and organize it!

I'd say get her a gift card... this is what I'm planning to do because she can get whatever she likes, and if she's been eyeing something that's more expensive, she can use the gift card towards that item.

Lame, but I suggest a gift card...maybe combined with a cute dog toy?

I like this idea - at least it looks like you put some thought into it instead of 'just' the gift card which is almost like giving cash.

We did this one year at work but you didn't have a person to buy for, you just bought a gift (no gift cards or alcohol allowed!) which were numbered and then each person drew a number - infinitely more difficult because you have to try to find a gift that suits 'everyone', it's bad enough buying for a specific person that you don't know well. We never did it again (probably because very few people liked what they got!)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Okay so if I do a gift card where should I get one to? Bookstore, Starbucks...?? Would it be better to buy a bottle of wine or something and then like a $15 gift card with it or just a $25 gc?

Foxytnns, for next year, I suggest using www.secretsanta.com. This is what I'm using with my coworkers, there's a wish list that we post out and it would be soooo much easier!

On the wish list we would list our favourite stores, favourite coffee shops, etc so it wouldn't be as nerve wracking lol!! I just got my Secret Santa recipient last week along with her wishlist, so I know exactly what I could get her now =)