Need recs for which colour to choose for a Giant Part Time?

cherylc

O.G.
Jun 14, 2007
after thinking i didn't want a giant part time besides loving the style cause i have heard it is so heavy, i have reconsidered. looks so awesome on vanessa hudgens and i am now wanting one. :sweatdrop:

anyways i currently have a black GSH day so i def. do not want that colour combo, and i also have an anthr GSH flat clutch so i don't want that colour combo either. but i am now stumped as to what colour combo to get. i am not ruling out trying to get a GGH if i can find one. and i don't mind waiting for spring/summer colours since i don't think i'll be making this purchase all that soon.

i kinda want a warmer colour like a beige or brown, but all the new spring/summer stuff only has GSH and i feel like beige and brown look best with GGH. would love some recommendations!

I have charbon bag, and the color is TDF--very rich and beautiful--it has GGH, which is a really nice combination (and, I believe, still currently available).

The praline, in the spring/summer line, looks like a warm color--seems similar to sahara--but again, you'll run into the lack of GGH. Or, how about a more bold, warm color, like mandarin (which I'm dying to see!)?

Have fun making your decision!

I would say Charbon, or there's even Sandstone. Sandstone should still be up on Bal's website (and I think that's the name of the color, anyway it's the warm ivory color, super pretty).

Sandstone is gorgeous, esp with GGH!

I have a marine SGH PT and it really isn't that heavy. I don't stuff it to capacity but carry enough bulky stuff to weigh it down some and it feels comfortable on the shoulder. The handles are so much better than the rh bags in terms of comfort. The PT is the perfect size IMO! And as much as I don't like black bags I really love the combination of black with GGH.

i love the black GGH as well, but feel like its boring to buy another black bag. plus i have a black miu miu bow satchel which has goldhardware. but the black GGH would def. be the most practical.

i love sandstone and sahara with GGH but wonder how difficult it would be to track a new one down since its out of season now. :sad:

I'd have started this exact same thread myself! Have been lusting after a Giant PT for the longest time but just couldn't decide. :lol: I'm deciding between the sapphire and the amethyst, and the framboise which isn't out yet.

If you want the sandstone/sahara, I think they still came with bottom feet then, so those will weigh the bag down even more (if that's 1 of your considerations).

I agree that the browns will go better with GGH. If you want to see pics of Charbon, do a search on the main forum, you'll see them there but they're mostly cities. I just searched for them 2 weeks ago :P

I am trying to decide between the Charbon GGH PT or the Black Cherry GGH PT myself. Everyone keeps saying that the Charbon is the better bet as you can wear it year round. The Saddle is pretty too but I have to say that I like the Charbon a lot more. Good Luck!