Need recommendations for everyday bag....

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am getting a Black GST, I am returning the Cotton Club tote ( I love the color, blue, but it is WAY to heavy for me to cart around everyday as most of the time I am also carrying a 27 lb. toddler!)
    I want something for "everyday", not too heavy (so Im thinking NO chains), durable, and stylish?
    Any recommendations?

2. Does it have to be Chanel?

I also have a 26# toddler. Had the Jumbo Classic flap, but it wasn't big enough for me. I mostly use a Louis Vuitton Batignolles Horizontal and just ordered a Jimmy Choo Ramona (sorry, I know this is a Chanel forum but couldn't help it!).

Chanel-wise, shoulder bags... Baby Cabas, Cambon Reporter, or GST seem to come to mind. I'm sure the ladies here can recommend more. The ultimate soft line has a few large bags that I've never seen IRL, but it might need more TLC.

3. What about the Medallion Tote?

4. GST is heavy too. I believe.. Is the cotton club tote heavy?! Which one is heavier? GST or the Large Cotton Club Tote?!!

5. I would suggest the Vintage Ligne Square Tote. The handle drop is longer than the GST, and the bag is lighter. There is a zippered pocket on the outside that I use for my keys, as well as pockets on the inside for your cell and whatever else you need. These are a little difficult to find in the boutiques anymore, but you can sometimes find one on ebay for a decent price. The shoulder straps are braided with a tiny chain, but the VST is so durable, it might be a good choice for you.