Need recommendation for everyday body sunblock

Reesee

Loving the BB
O.G.
May 13, 2009
Hello, I am in need of an everyday sunblock for the body. I am hispanic but not really dark ( <----I have a spray tan in my avatar picture). I am starting to get spots on my arms from everyday exposure as I don't tan on purpose and they are significantly darker than my legs. I am concerned with the everyday exposure and would like to find a lightweight sunblock to use everday on my arms and chest.

Any suggestions on brands that are not too sticky? Also, what level SPF would I need? Thank you all in advance!

I have very oily skin and have been thrilled with Philosophy's Shelter. It's an SPF 30 and goes on matte with no shine or white streaks. I am very, very fair and burn within 15 minutes if I don't wear sunscreen, the Shelter has prevented me from getting burned when we spend the day out in the S. Florida sun at the zoo. I'd say it works!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Neutrogena makes fast drying sunblock with high SPF. I have sensitive skin and it the sunblock doesn't irritate it. I would recommend SPF 55 (they go up to SPF 90 I think). You can also stock up by buying in bulk at Costco.

200.jpg

The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer that bubbleloba mentioned is awesome, but I also use Kiehl's SPF 30 body lotion. I really like the Kiehl's bc it doesn't necessarily smell like sunscreen, it doesn't seem to "sit" on the skin (if that makes any sense), and seems to do a good job bc I have never been burned while wearing it. Good luck finding something that works for you!

I've found that the Neutrogena no matter how much is rub in or how early i put on will leave white marks. For example when I put it on my arms and then get in my car and rest my arm on the inside door rest there is always a white streak on the vinyl. It drove me nuts. I tried everything I could think of and this kept happening. I finally switched to a cheap generic brand with the same SPF and same type of sun prevention ingredients and didn't have this problem. It must be something in the consistency of the cream that leaves streaks. What is surprising is it isn't greasy so I don't understand why this happens but I got tired of cleaning the vinyl on the door :sad:

hmmm...im not too sure, im thinking clinique, aveeno, or neutrogena would def. have something, they always have great stuff like that!

I have very oily skin and have been thrilled with Philosophy's Shelter. It's an SPF 30 and goes on matte with no shine or white streaks. I am very, very fair and burn within 15 minutes if I don't wear sunscreen, the Shelter has prevented me from getting burned when we spend the day out in the S. Florida sun at the zoo. I'd say it works!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Hi Bridget, is Shelter for the face or body? Like the OP, I'm looking for something for the body but something that's not sticky.

Thank you all for the replies! I am going to look into the ones mentioned here. I am concerned about the white marks as I wear a lot of dark clothing and I intend on using this daily. I also need to get one for my face and it seems some of these might do double duty. Thanks all. Any more?

If you are worried about the white marks try something other than Neutrogena. I too wear black clothing and that is another place I would find white marks sigh...

I have been using Anthelios since it was first introduced in Paris.. it's probably

the best out there or at least one of the best.. it is also endorsed by many dermatologists as well. comes in various SPF's so you can easily find what is suited
to your needs

Hi Bridget, is Shelter for the face or body? Like the OP, I'm looking for something for the body but something that's not sticky.

I believe that it is meant for the body, just by the size of the tube, it's 4oz, so quite large! I have used it on my face with good results, just my makeup doesn't stay that matte for that long. I have to blot more. This is definitely not sticky at all. Once you rub it in, you can't tell that you put it on at all.

I wish you well,

Bridget