Need reassurance on Galliera slouchiness!

orinoco

Old school tPFer
O.G.
Jan 31, 2006
Hello all...!! :yahoo:

so... i've FINALLY purchased the Galliera gm i've been saving so looong for. :dothewave: i think i've probably seen every galliera pic on tPF lol:P

Now, before i start ripping off the plastic coverings and taking a million pics and posting all of them on tPF lol... i need to be absolutely 100% S U R E! and u guys are going to help me be sure!:biggrin:

I've been deciding for a few months now on whether the PM or GM was better for me, and i finally settled on the GM because 1) i LOVE big slouchy bags 2) since slouchiness can only be created when a bag is not stuffed to the brim, the GM would be slouchier 3)i'm definitely not a dainty handbag sort of girl, pretty curvy, so i figured the bigger size would work better on me.

Now, i'm actually kinda short :shame: 5.4ft barefooted. And i admit, now that i have it on hand, it does look pretty enormous to me, and a LITTLE bit on the big side. So my question is, i'm really counting on it slouching more as it breaks in to sort of 'shrink' a little bit like many members have mentioned it does, will it really slouch a lot more with use? have you noticed any difference since having it for awhile? Could someone kindly post a modeling pic of a well used broken in :nuts: slouchy galliera pleassee?? ;)

TIA everyone!!:flowers:

I've had my Galliera for around a month now and now the GM is so slouchy.. I have been using it nonstop because I love it so much. It's late now otherwise I would post a pic.

Well, big slouchy bags are really in. I LOVE that. Especially when it gets all soft. Very chic. I am also the same height and for instance, I am too small to use the NF GM or the Speedy 35. I haven't seen the Galleria GM in person but trust your instinct.

If you don't feel comfortable just get the PM and you could buy a less expensive oversize bag to be trendy.

i've seen the pm irl and I think its plenty big for you. It fits nicely over a winter coat with comfort and holds a ton. It will soften with use and look even better :smile: I say stick with the pm

I am a bit taller than you (5'6) and I have the PM and it is reallyyyyyy slouchy and soft. I think it's enough for me, I get that fun hobo slouchy look without the bag being too big, and therefore too trendy, which is why I didn't go with the GM, in my opinion, the PM has longer "lasting power ". But if you LOVE the GM then keep it!!

I'm 5'8" and I like the GM. I don't put much in my bags, but love bigger bags.
My daughter, 4'11", likes the PM better. Because the GM looks huge on her small body.

I'm 5 foot 5, and the PM was too small for me, looks-wise (IMO) and I had to stuff it too full (I carry a lot of 'stuff', LOL), so didn't look v. slouchy.

Good luck with your decision - for me, a bag can never be too big!:P

I'm not a big bag gal so the PM is the perfect size for me (still on the big side but more manageable). I LOVE the slouchiness, especially when it softens further with regular use. It's indeed one of the best designs around.

I'm 5 foot 5, and the PM was too small for me, looks-wise (IMO) and I had to stuff it too full (I carry a lot of 'stuff', LOL), so didn't look v. slouchy.

Good luck with your decision - for me, a bag can never be too big!:P

that's Exactly what i mean.... when i tried on the PM in the store, being new and stiff, looks wise, it was fine on me, but i found in order to get it to slouch, i practically had to leave half of my stuff out. + i've seen well used PMs in real life, and darn it shrank a lot! too much imo!

they need to make an MM ASAP!!! :biggrin:

I got the PM and I love it. For me the PM is the perfect size. But from what you described the GM sounds like it is better for you.

Congrats on your new galliera!!!