NEED OPINIONS: VP or NP?

Aug 25, 2006
I really wanted the vp in kid leather black with a contrasting red or burgundy tip in a 90mm heel, but... My options are a black on black kid leather vp or a black patent np with burgundy or red tip. Which do you ladies prefer or which would you get?

Tough call! I prefer the VP styling but I also prefer burgundy tips. I do think the VPs are a bit more classic, though. I would probably go for them even with black on black. But you really can't go wrong with either - both gorgeous shoes! GL!!

i like np better.. i feel like they are more 'different' than the regular closed toe pump. vps are nice too, but they are almost like regular pumps minus the open toe.

that being said, if you don't do well with slingbacks vp would be better.

I say the patent np with the red or burgandy tip. I love my vp's, but the black/black kid are not as fab as those with the contrasting tip. Don't get me wrong, I do have a pair of mono-tone vp's, but I like my contasting toe styles for a little extra spark.

I havent gotten my NPs yet, but they are next on my list. I decided on the NPs instead of the VPs for a few reasons:

1) I already have several pair of black shoes that are closed backs
2) I live in a hot climate and I just feel the NPs have a bit more summery feel to them
3) I also like the contrasting tip, so I would get the NPs just to have the little flair.

I cant comment on the comfort of the slingback yet, but I know other ladies have already given you advice on that. Hope this helps some. Let us know what you decide! :smile: I'm so ready to buy mine, but have to wait.