Need opinions! Pls help!

Trevi PM or Tivoli GM

• Trevi PM

• Tivoli GM

Results are only viewable after voting.

girlinmtns

Mar 27, 2010
I'm trying to decide between the Tivoli GM and the Trevi PM.

Here are the factors:
1. This will be my first Loui!
2. I'm 33. Have a professional job, don't have kids, still go out on occasion.
3. Am looking for a great every day handbag.
4. Went into LV yesterday, thought I was going to get the Totally MM monogram and a Speedy 30 azur... ended up loving the shape and size of the Trevi. The only hang-up is that the pattern isn't my fav. I also love the choice between shoulder and arm straps. And it's just a really pretty classy looking handbag. I walked out of the store with it and have been staring at it since.
5. Went back to LV today to "make sure" I made the right choice, got to see a Tivoli GM (which wasn't available the day before) and loved the light leather, the pull, how it looks a little trendier, how it's easier to get into. This bag seems less formal, more fun.

Here are my questions:
1. Is the Trevi more of an older woman style? (I know, I know... I'm becoming an older woman!). I've been told it will retain it's shape and look the same for years.
2. Do you think the Tivoli is young and trendy?
3. I've seen a couple of people with the Tivoli GM, but I don't think I've seen anyone with the Trevi- do you think that's because the Tivoli is a few hundred less and that's what makes the difference?

Any thoughts, advice would be appreciated! I'm torturing myself! Thanks!!!

Hi there, I have the Tivoli GM..
Here are my questions:
1. Is the Trevi more of an older woman style? (I know, I know... I'm becoming an older woman!). I've been told it will retain it's shape and look the same for years.
I really hope not since I want one so badly. LOL. But it seems like its shape and look will be something that is durable and won't look too beaten up easily. The Tivoli... the base is less structured, and I find myself fixing it a lot when I go out. I worry that it will be shapeless after a long period of time.

2. Do you think the Tivoli is young and trendy?
I think so... but it seems like it's a bag that can be used after a long time from now since it's the classic monogram, and the design is so pretty and feminine..

3. I've seen a couple of people with the Tivoli GM, but I don't think I've seen anyone with the Trevi- do you think that's because the Tivoli is a few hundred less and that's what makes the difference?
I don't know where you're from.. but in Vancouver, I see Tivolis and Trevis equally. Some people might like the monogram better than the damier, or some prefer that the Trevi has the double straps? A few hundred doesn't really make a difference, I think. They seem to be two completely different bags.. which is why I still want a Trevi!!!

No the trevi is not an old lady bag. I see it on young, hip women in the city all the time. I love that you can also wear it across your body. I'm not so into or familiar with the tivoli. It's definitely possible you don't see as many trevis as tivolis because of the price difference...or maybe because you can only get the trevi in damier. good luck with your decision!

I voted for the tivoli. I have both, but you said you don't like the damier pattern, so go for the tivoli. They're both beautiful. You can't go wrong either way.

I don't have either but after owning a few bags, I would say that you need to consider comfort for the long run and ask yourself which is more comfortable to wear? I would think the trevi is since I don't think I'd like the rolled handles of the tivoli on my shoulder. They both look similar to me stylewise. Personally, I prefer a speedy with an extra strap -- I have two of them now, an ebene 25 and an azur 30.

I don't have either but after owning a few bags, I would say that you need to consider comfort for the long run and ask yourself which is more comfortable to wear? I would think the trevi is since I don't think I'd like the rolled handles of the tivoli on my shoulder. They both look similar to me stylewise. Personally, I prefer a speedy with an extra strap -- I have two of them now, an ebene 25 and an azur 30.

i think both are equally terrific. i have a tivoli gm & someday would like a trevi. both are classy & i don't think either one will go out of style. i think any woman at any age can carry either bag.

I don't like the rolled handles of the Tivoli and actually I haven't seen anyone carry one here in South Florida. I did try it on in the boutique but the handles weren't comfortable for me. I like the Trevi much better - the fact that you can carry it hand held or over the shoulder!
But I'm not a fan of the Damier Ebene pattern. I noticed you also said you weren't a big fan of that pattern. If you're going to spend that much--- don't get a Damier Ebene bag! Get a bag you'll love every time you look at it. :biggrin: Perhaps the Galliera.......