Need opinions please....

windy

O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
Hi everyone,

I needed opinions on a bag. What are your opinions of this MJ Studded Stam in the following color:

marc-jacobs-stardust-stam-500x442.jpg

Also, what would be a good price for this bag at this time? Thanks in advance!!

love the color

best deal would be the bloomies F&F sale

that bag is 1450 so..

1450-20%- 10% (harpers code for an additonal 10% off online~)- 15% (if you sign up for a new bloomies card and get approval)

=)

actually, this is from F09 and I'm pretty sure they got marked down at most stores that carried them (I don't think Bloomies carried the Stardust Stam in Blue) and once that happened, they flew off the shelves - several tPFers were looking for these a while back & they were few & far between. I think your only hope of finding one now is is someone does a late return or you find one on ebay.

as for thoughts on the bag itself, the Stardust line has been VERY popular. I have a Stardust Cecelia and I love the leather. It's goat leather - very soft and lightweight. The blue is a gorgeous shade of blue (it also has turquoise edge paint). Sort of like an "Ocean Blue" It's really very beautiful IRL!

I had the Stardust Blue in small Single and it's a very pretty, saturated blue. I saw the Stardust Blue Stam on Bluefly yesterday for 20% off MSRP. It's not on there right now but you might want to check back again, it sometimes pop back up. Good luck.

Hi,

I was looking at this Stam on Bluefly. I was very tempted to get it but was put off by the price. It is gone now. It was over $1100.00, so that I thought that was still pretty high for a bag of that season to me. I don't think it was meant to be for me! Thank you everyone! I hope I don't live in regret about it now, but maybe there will be something else in my MJ future!!

I think Blue Fly's prices are rather high in general. Nothing is ever really THAT cheap. The most I've seen MJ bags marked down is 20% - sometimes they have special sales where there's an addtl' percentage off and/or where you can subtract $XXX from your purchase price. They do get some bags & SLGs that were HTF and not carried at most retail stores (i.e., the Birds of Paradise Marky), so sometimes it's worth it, but I think when it comes to some of the more "common" handbags, i.e., Stam, Cecelia, etc you'd be better off keeping your eye on ebay/bonanzle or checking w/retails stores for returns/markdowns.

These went down to 60% off at Nordstroms, and while there weren't many left when that happened, it still makes an $1100 price tag still seem kind high. Did you check out on the one on the bay? Get yourself pics of the tags from inside the pocket and you should be good to go -- it's a BIN/Best Offer too!!

If you are totally drooling over the pics of this bag, you will love it IRL. The color is killer, and you cannot go wrong with Stardust (or a stam, for that matter!) Best of luck finding one! I think the leads above re the ebay listing or bluefly are probably your best bet at the moment.