Need opinions on reissue, caviar or matte lambskin?

heatherB

I no longer live for luxe, but it is pretty fun!
O.G.
May 30, 2010
Hi Ladies, I just bought my second Chanel flap, but this is my first time posting in this forum. I'd really appreciate your opinions.

I thought I was getting a medium reissue in black caviar, but I received a matte lambskin. I have never seen the two bags side by side, but thought when I saw the caviar that I preferred it over the lamb. Now that I have the lamb, I really like it. Should I exchange this for the caviar or keep what I have?

What do you all think of the reissue in black caviar?

TIA, ladies! :flowers:

Personally, I love lambskin and find it to be more luxe than caviar. I would keep the back as lambskin is so lovely. It is more delicate than caviar is but if you take care of your purses then it should be find. Plus, the matte lambskin on reissuses are even more durable. I would keep the lambskin and congrats on your chanel.

I personally prefer caviar than lambskin. I always go out with my two kids and I don't have to worry about my bag getting scratched. I only have one lambskin, and the first time i used it, it was scratched and left a permanent mark :cry:

In general, I prefer caviar over lambskin for its durability and (almost) carefree maintenance.
However, for reissues, my favorite is distressed calf for its "vintage" look. Not a big fan of caviar or lambskin on reissues.

If you'll be using it on a daily basis and don't want to baby it or worry about it, have an active lifestyle, have small children, travel a lot, go to bars where something can spill on it, then caviar.

Lambskin if you want it for special occasions or if your lifestyle/work is a little more sedate :smile:

If you'll be using it on a daily basis and don't want to baby it or worry about it, have an active lifestyle, have small children, travel a lot, go to bars where something can spill on it, then caviar.

Lambskin if you want it for special occasions or if your lifestyle/work is a little more sedate :smile:

I agree, personally I prefer caviar too. Not only because it's more durable but also because it will hold his shape better (that means a lambskin looks very puffy when you buy it new but it will flatten over time, the caviar doesn't have this problem).

Personally I prefer lambskin as it looks more luxe.
It is definitely more delicate than caviar and would require you to take them with extra care.
I have a few lamb and caviar, and I love the lamb, it just shine!
Keep the lamb! ;)

Thank you everyone for your input! I guess the bag I have is actually the distressed calf, not lamb. It's not shiny or puffy. I have a lamb jumbo already and this new bag I purchased more for going out at night since it is smaller and has an edgier look. I am thinking I will keep this reissue, rather than get the caviar reissue.