Need Opinions on my Writing

1. I write a blog about my life which is pretty comical. I get nothing from it and just enjoy chronicling funny stories for my friends and family to read. That's been enough for me until recently. I'm starting to feel like maybe I would like other people to read it and give me some feed back also. I've been attaching my blog address to my posts after checking w/ Megs to make sure it was ok w/ her first, but have decided to come out and ask directly for anyone's feedback. I know you guys probably don't have the time to read it, but if you do I would really appreciate it.

Gosh, I'm feeling a little embarrassed :shame: now asking you guys for input but I've grown to really feel comfortable here and thought I would just put it out there. That said, I totally understand if no one reads it or wants to. I will always love you guys.

The address is www.kykap.blogspot.com

2. Hi shushopn, I promise to give you feedback later (whether or not you'll like the feedback :biggrin: ) because there's the World Cup to distract me for now. I've just read the first para of your entry about your family and I can identify with you as there's mental illness in my family - ( for instance, my dear sis who passed away 7 years ago had mental, heart and kidney problems :sad: , her death at 50 was in a way a merciful release for her. However, inspite of her mental problems she was a beautiful person)

3. My Aunt is an awful human being and always has been (mental illness is just a side note)...the stuff I've written early on might be better to start w/...I don't know, now I feel like it was a dumb idea to do this. Oh well, what the heck.

4. I just read a few of your pieces... I've always found blogs really boring but I have to say, I just kept reading and reading with yours. They're really good and refreshingly honest. I like your writing style.

5. I will be sure to check it out

6. shoegalalabama - thank you so much for taking the time to read them...I'm shocked anyone would want to. My friends and family all love my blog but I think their a little biased. The few strangers who have tripped over it have left great comments. All of my stories are 100% true. I can't make this stuff up.

Thank you Heavensent also!

7. Your blog is quite funny, I like it.

8. Thank you so much Perja! I'm thrilled you thought it was ok.

9. Shu, I just finished reading your blog. I think you write beautifully. I can actually picture what is happening ( I wish I didn't read the "green poo" incident while I was eating though :cry:smile:

10. tw1n8ngel - Thank you so much for the kind words! I feel sooo happy that you guys like it and actually took the time to read it....Sorry about the green poop during dinner :smile:

11. I read the one about Valentines Day and your husband. I wish my boyfriend was more like your husband. . .

I tried to leave a comment but my internet is being remedial so I'll tell you here - I love the way you write! I'm bookmarking it now :]

12. Abandoned - you are too sweet. thank you so much...I think my earlier stuff is a little better (in the archives on the left hand side of the blog)...I only write when I feel driven to (I don't know how to describe it any other way). I find it a great way to remember all these crazy storiees. Thank you for taking an interest in them. Hugs!

13. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Funny thing is we have alot in common, two boys, excellent hubby, crazy maternal side of the family, and I grew up in Huntington, NY. Keep it up because I book marked it!

14. Pdonnadurk - Wow that is so cool! I love Huntington so much...the village is great.

15. It is hilarious! You have a great writing style...that probably could be published!
    Keep up the good work!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice