Need opinions ladies ? Much appreciated!

Which color?

• Carmine

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Beechwood

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Jb32purse

Mar 18, 2012
Looking at mercer satchel from last year for spring summer. I am torn between the beechwood or carmine color. Any opinions or model shots ?

Attachments

• IMG_1791.PNG
    IMG_1791.PNG
    302.3 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_1790.PNG
    IMG_1790.PNG
    646.8 KB · Views: 549
Reactions: Pmrbfay
I wouldn't know how to make a recommendation because they are such different colors. If you asked for help picking between 2 beige, neutral bags (or 2 red orange bags) that would be easier, but a lot depends on what you already have in your closet and how you plan to use the new bag.

They are both beautiful, do you already have other satchels in similar colors to either of these bags? Will one/both of them fill a hole in your purse wardrobe?

If you usually tend to buy neutral colored bags then I suggest getting the carmine bag. If you already have a lot of color in your purse wardrobe, including reds and oranges, then go for the neutral bag.

If you already have plenty of both options, just go for the one you like best!

I wouldn't know how to make a recommendation because they are such different colors. If you asked for help picking between 2 beige, neutral bags (or 2 red orange bags) that would be easier, but a lot depends on what you already have in your closet and how you plan to use the new bag.

They are both beautiful, do you already have other satchels in similar colors to either of these bags? Will one/both of them fill a hole in your purse wardrobe?

If you usually tend to buy neutral colored bags then I suggest getting the carmine bag. If you already have a lot of color in your purse wardrobe, including reds and oranges, then go for the neutral bag.

If you have plenty of both options, just go for the one you like best!
Hey I don't have either color lol! I love both and am so torn. I like carmine in the fact it is a pop of color and the beechwood cause it is thoughtless and matches everything. Not helping , I know lol

Reactions: katev
[emoji651]️ what she said. Also depends on what you mostly wear. Red orange is a great pop of color of you are wearing a white top and blue jeans. Or all white. I don't even know how to wear neutral bags. Lol. I love colors. Somedays you would think I am trying to be a Macaw or a peacock! Lol [emoji23][emoji23]
I literally just laughed out loud. Love the peacock comment

Hey I don't have either color lol! I love both and am so torn. I like carmine in the fact it is a pop of color and the beechwood cause it is thoughtless and matches everything. Not helping , I know lol

The beige is more versatile, you can wear it with almost everything and not worry about it clashing; but you do have to worry about getting it dirty and marked and color transfer. Spraying it with Apple Rain Garde before you begin carrying it may help. It is also a good, conservative choice for business meetings.

The carmine is more casual and eye-catching and fun and you shouldn't have to baby it as much as the beige. It may not go with everything but if that isn't a big issue then you should go for it. Also, it is more of a "year round bag" than the beige and it will make a festive Holiday bag!

Since you have neither color, I say go for the Carmine. Red bags are more rare and special, there are always a lot of beige and neutral bags available!

If you haven't seen these specific bags in real life then make sure that they are the size that you want before you order. Many of the Mercers came in multiple sizes from tiny to large and pictures can be deceiving. The smartest thing to do is ask for the dimensions and then get a ruler and draw them out on a piece of paper to see if the size will work for you.

Beautiful bags, let us know which one you pick!

The beige is more versatile, you can wear it with almost everything and not worry about it clashing; but you do have to worry about getting it dirty and marked and color transfer. Spraying it with Apple Rain Garde before you begin carrying it may help. It is also a good, conservative choice for business meetings.

The carmine is more casual and eye-catching and fun and you shouldn't have to baby it as much as the beige. It may not go with everything but if that isn't a big issue then you should go for it. Also, it is more of a "year round bag" than the beige and it will make a festive Holiday bag!

Since you have neither color, I say go for the Carmine. Red bags are more rare and special, there are always a lot of beige and neutral bags available!

If you haven't seen these specific bags in real life then make sure that they are the size that you want before you order. Many of the Mercers came in multiple sizes from tiny to large and pictures can be deceiving. The smartest thing to do is ask for the dimensions and then get a ruler and draw them out on a piece of paper to see if the size will work for you.

So true I ordered 4 mercers before I could find a useful size and colour some were weeny I really don't understand coach sizing

So true I ordered 4 mercers before I could find a useful size and colour some were weeny I really don't understand coach sizing

And the tiny Mercer bags are exact copies of the bigger bags so you just can't go by the picture!

I've been fooled by sizing, too; that's why I've resorted to drawing pictures with pencil and paper!

I have also been surprised by the sizes of Coach jewelry items that I've purchased off the Factory online sale. They may be much bigger or smaller than I expected from the picture. I once ordered a necklace and the pendant was fine but the chain hung down around my belly! (I'm short!) I have had to return several pieces of coach jewelry.

I have learned the hard way to be careful about sizes when ordering Coach items online.

Reactions: elvisfan4life
I vote beechwood but I love both. I had both and sold the carmine just because at that time, I didn't use it. Beechwood is just so timeless IMO. I have the black leather tearose charm on it. I get a lot of compliments. That said, since I sold my carmine one, I have developed a fondness for those deep orange colors.

Reactions: Jb32purse
And the tiny Mercer bags are exact copies of the bigger bags so you just can't go by the picture!

I've been fooled by sizing, too; that's why I've resorted to drawing pictures with pencil and paper!

I have also been surprised by the sizes of Coach jewelry items that I've purchased off the Factory online sale. They may be much bigger or smaller than I expected from the picture. I once ordered a necklace and the pendant was fine but the chain hung down around my belly! (I'm short!) I have had to return several pieces of coach jewelry.

I have learned the hard way to be careful about sizes when ordering Coach items online.
I do the same drawing bags on paper !!!!

Very well said !

Carmine would be my choice, although both are beautiful. In my experience, that kind of poppy red/orange color goes with a lot of other colors, so I don't think you'll have trouble making it work with your outfits.