Need opinions! Grape Vs 04 Lilac~ I can only get one!

Which purple?

• 04 Lilac ~ Yummy leather, pretty colour

• 07 Grape ~ Its like eggplant...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another vote for grape as it's quite hard to find a mint 04 lilac. If you were to find a mint one - I don't think you'd likely be able to find one for cheaper than a brand new grape at retail. Also the grape while being super saturated and vibrant is still a dark colour and will show wear less.

I voted for Violet. It will be brand new and great leather too! Unless you've come across an 04 Lilac with exceptional (almost brand new) condition, then go for that one.

NO CONTEST :nogood:
Forget the old and go with the new...Things are always changing and in this case, the change is for the better. Besides, like someone just posted...You brake it in...It'll be just your Baby...
The new leather smell...Ummmm!:cutesy:

I vote for grape as well! I love this color!! :heart:

So rich and vibrant and gorgeous :love:

04 lilac is nice but it might not necessarily mean it will be cheaper plus there is the issue of what condition it will be in.

GRAPEs for me!!! I think its a more versatile color than the lilac... and less prone to yellowing?... think I saw a thread a while back that their lilac faded and turned a little yellow? a BIG :nogood::nogood: for me! have you thought of what style you'll get? but having said that lilac IS a very pretty color and once upon a time was on my wishlist!

I think the Lilac is beautiful, but I would go with the grape because you could definitely get a new one now. You can still search for a Lilac later when you have the funds, unless a mint one happens to pop up somewhere. Good luck deciding! They're both gorgeous!

Definitely go the for Grape color!!! Gorgeous, I am so jealous of everyone's beautiful violet bags :heart:

Also, buy new whenever you can. :yes: IMHO It's more fun to break in your own bag and getting a slight discount on you-know-where can be a bit nerve wracking.

Grape.

I love both colors, and spent a long time looking for the perfect 04 Lilac - and gave up in the end b/c most Lilacs were either worn and affordable, or super expensive for ones in nice condition. Seeing tons of worn ones kinda ruined Lilac for me - I don't think it's a color that looks good with wear. True, it doesn't have the fading issues to the same degree as 06 Lilac, but it's still not one of those colors that gets better with age.

Chances are you'll pay less for Grape in new condition than for a Lilac in comparable condition - and you'll have a brand-new bag that doesn't show wear as much.

I would definitely go with the Grape, there is no doubt that you will be able to find one from the many retailers/ BalNY that will get them in, if you miss it then you will be searching for two hard to come by bags in the future. IF an 04 Lilac shows up later, you may have the funds to buy it then and sell the Grape if it doesn't float your boat.

Also, you get to break it in and have a brand new bag, there is something luscious about a new bag : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

I agree with Bridget!