Need opinions from Chanel experts (YOU!)

msug1221

Mar 8, 2010
Hey everyone! So Im thinking carefully of my first Chanel purse and I have my eye on the Black Caviar Medallion Tote! (Its more practical for me to get a bigger bag for my first one!).. So i have a few questions:

- I saw a lot of pictures with a gold medallion as well as silver. However I have only seen the gold in pictures of celebrities. Do you have an option in picking the medallion? And if so, I'M TORN. Which do you prefer?

- If you prefer gold, is there a problem with chipping? I've read previous posts that have had the same worries.

- Lastly, if you have the Medallion tote, have you had any problems with it?

THANKS LADIES! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! I CAN'T WAIT! :yahoo:

I actually don't mind either h/w, because the hardware is a small part of the overall look of the bag (no chain straps, etc., so just the medallion itself and zipper). I guess if I were choosing, I'd get silver h/w, but I love the gold too... I really don't think you can go wrong either way. :flowers:

I'd go for the silver... It just seems to fit better with the design of the bag... It also depends if you want a more modern look... I think the gold makes the bag look more classic while the silver is fresh... If you are younger, I'd go for silver! (Not that an older person can't wear silver.... I think the particular design of the bag may look too "mature" for it's owner if it has gold hardware when the owner is younger)

Honestly for the Medallion purse either hardware would be fine. I tend to tuck the medallion into the tote anyways since it has a tendency to move around and makes too much noise.

How exciting it must be to get your first Chanel msug! I think the hardware is up to you, as prefer the shw simply because of my jewelry. Depends on what you prefer really. You can't go wrong with ghw or shw! Both are equally beautiful on a black medallion! Good luck deciding and let us know what you decide

Thank you everyone! This is very exciting! I literally look at the purse online multiple times a day! I cant wait! I will be sure to post my new "baby" as soon as I get it!

And if anyone has opinions, please feel free to post them! The more input, the better!

THANKS!