Need opinions..do you think black epi alma is too formal?

is your heart set on the alma? or is it the epi leather you like? i went with the lockit in black as i can dress it up with a bandeau or use it with by itself with my preppy casual outfit for the understated elegance.

Personally, I'm partial to the Alma and I do wear it with jeans but I find that it is kind of dressy for running errands and other day-to-day running around. Plus the fact that it is handheld might be irritating for you. What about something like the soufflot, which is gorgeous but can be carried on the shoulder?

Well, I tried many bags but fell in love with the alma; however, I keep thinking now that a petit noe or noe (did not try these out) might better suit my day to day needs? I tried the lockit & a few other styles (inc. the soufflot) & many did not "fit" or "feel" right. I'm only 5', but I'm around a size 14-16 (US). I believe I also tried the passy, jasmin, the bowling one (both sizes), speedy, & pont neuf.

alma in epi is gorgeous but like what u said it might not be the most child friendly purse :smile:. petit noe, noe sounds great in epi too. i'll also like to suggest segur mm as another candidate. have fun choosing!

The Alma is wonderful in black, i love mine so much! I would recommend to buy a shoulder strap in black - so you can wear the Alma as a shoulder bag. Alma is one of my favorite bags of LV!