Need opinions - bought my first Burberry trench!

mangowife

Seriously tempted...
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
I don't usually go for double breasted styles, but I figured this is the classic trench so it's gotta be double breasted. I went for a darker color (navy), and originally wanted a shorter length but ended up with this one which ends just under the knee. I don't have a really defined waist and belted styles usually don't look great on me. Still, what do you guys think (please excuse the streaks on the mirror)?

attachment.php

attachment.php

The style name is Holford (I think), and it's 60% canepa, 38% cotton and 2% elastane. Anyone know what canepa is, and are 100% cotton trenches better? The material feels a bit like a heavier soft canvas, but with some stretch (which I like).

Also, I think the sleeves need to be shortened, and I've heard that Burberry can do this - does anyone have info on how much they'd charge for this? The strap and button on the sleeves would have to be moved up, I think.

Attachments

• burberry_model1.JPG
    burberry_model1.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 609
  • burberry_model2.JPG
    burberry_model2.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 150
  • burberry_model3.JPG
    burberry_model3.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 604
  • burberry_model4.JPG
    burberry_model4.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 158
  • burberry_model5.JPG
    burberry_model5.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 159
I love this! It really does look great on you, although I agree you need to get the sleeves fixed. They look a tad long-ish. What a classic buy!! Looks much like mine, except mine's black and a little shorter (hits mid-thigh)