Need opinions about my new David Yurman Petite Albion Ring

canyongirl

O.G.
May 7, 2009
I wanted this DY petite albion ring so badly, and I finally splurged and got it with the prasiolite. I have to admit, it is so beautiful and sparkly it takes my breath away. I wore it tonight for the first time, but now I'm second guessing my choice.

I need your help girls!!!

Here are my issues:

1) The center stone (prasiolite) is so light that it almost looks like a diamond (or, even worse, a fake diamond). Which makes me think, would I like it more if I choose a more saturated stone? I love the blue topaz, citrine or amethyst. But if I went for a more saturated stone, it wouldn't match with everything like this one does. :thinking:

2) Or, maybe because it's on my ring finger (right hand) it looks too much like an engagement ring. Maybe if I got it re-sized to fit my middle or pointer finger I would be happier.

What do you think? Please share any and all opinions! :smile:

Attachments

• myrngDSC_0003-8.jpg
    myrngDSC_0003-8.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 20,947
1) I like the light green, so it is a good choice.
2) I would have the same question...so, sorry can not help on this one.

Also, assuming you are located in US, may I know how much you pay for this ring? (As I am located in toronto). Thanks.

I have this ring in blue topaz and I love love love it ! Maybe try that colour - I liked the prasiolite, but it was also too clear for me - it would have been nicer if they had used a deeper green like peridot !

And I used to wear it on my ring finger on my right hand too.. my fingers have shrunk a little, and now I wear it on my pointer finger and I receive a lot of compliments on it. :yes:

I have this ring in blue topaz and I love love love it ! Maybe try that colour - I liked the prasiolite, but it was also too clear for me - it would have been nicer if they had used a deeper green like peridot !

And I used to wear it on my ring finger on my right hand too.. my fingers have shrunk a little, and now I wear it on my pointer finger and I receive a lot of compliments on it. :yes:

I bet the blue topaz is stunning. You don't happen to have a picture of it on your hand do you? ;)

Also, assuming you are located in US, may I know how much you pay for this ring? (As I am located in toronto). Thanks.

Yes, I'm in the US. This ring retails for $590.

I bet the blue topaz is stunning. You don't happen to have a picture of it on your hand do you? ;)

Here's a quick pic with my BB, the colour isn't so great in the artificial light, it's much nicer in life !

attachment.php

Attachments

• dy.jpg
    dy.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 15,776

I purchased mine at Holt Renfrew for 655$ + tax ! :yes:

I would go with citrine first and blue topaz second. I would choose citrine because I have it and love how it glows on my hand. It goes with everything I wear. Good Luck with your choice.

I have the same exact ring in prasiolite as well. I was debating between this and blue topaz...but I felt as though the prasiolite matched everything I wore. I have been wearing it almost everyday since I got it. :smile:

I have it in blue topaz and Love it! But you are right in that it doesn't go with a lot of things. I don't like to wear it when I paint my nails red because there is just too much color going on. I think the light color of the prasolite also makes it look a little more like an engagement ring.

But there is natural color variations between these semi-precious stones. Perhaps see if you could exchange it for a darker colored prasolite or a very lightly colored topaz/amthyst?

Whatever you decide, it's gorgeous!