Need opinionds - new jewelry

Jul 3, 2006
I kind of splurged this weekend. Got a new diamond and sterling bracelet and matching ring, and the David Yurman petite albion round ring with mother of pearl inside. I love the other sterling pieces, but I'm on the fence about the David Yurman because it's too big for my ring finger and has to be worn on my middle finger, which I don't necessarily love doing.

They said it would take 16 to 20 WEEKS to get the ring in a size 5. Does that seem normal? I think I may return the ring.

Anyway - do ya'll like the bracelet and other ring? The David Yurman in mother of pearl is discontinued now in this style ring, and I do really love it. Do you think I should try to get it sized? I'm worried about the cable weakening if I have it sized down. Thanks!

P.S. - I can't believe is misspelled "opinions" in my title - typing too fast!

I love the Yurman ring! I'm assuming you're sending the ring in to Yurman itself to be resized? To give you an example, I recently had a repair on one of my Yurman rings. I took it to my local Yurman retailer in January and I just got the ring back a week ago. Part of that time was for them to assess the damage and estimate the repair so that shouldn't have to be done for a resize. I think they tell you the longest time possible so you'll be pleased when it doesn't take as long rather than angry because it took longer than they said, kwim?

Did you get the ring from a Neiman Marcus? The reason I ask is because I purchased another Yurman ring from NM in Chicago and needed it resized. The jewelry dept there has a repairman on staff who had an apprenticeship with DY and he did my resize, keeping all the hallmarks, cable, etc., intact. Bonus is it took less than 2 weeks. Perhaps this is an option?

I bought the ring in Charlotte, NC at Fink's Jewelers. They said they will send it for re-sizing for free, or I can have it ordered. The problem is that I've heard that re-sizing the cable rings is really bad and it weakens them and they break in the future. I just hate the thought of having to wait so long to get one special ordered. Don't know what to do. The mother of pearl is just gorgeous. Windsor Jewelers told me that David Yurman isn't making this anymore and it can't even be ordered, so I'm really confused about what to do.

I think all of the pieces are very pretty and look good on you.

I actually like wearing rings on my right middle finger.

If you don't want to wear it this way then perhaps ask the jeweler what the warranty would be if they resize the ring and something happens down the road?

Thanks guys! You're making me feel much better. The DY ring was full price, but the others were an absolute steal, so that's always fun. I guess I'll try out the DY ring tomorrow and see how it feels. I work part time as an organist and pianist so it does feel a tad strange to have a ring on my middle finger. I guess I need to get with the program like you younger women. LOL!!